The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 moving up sizes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 21:33:56
when you move up to larger mice do you still feed them once a week or do you wait a longer gap inbetween feeds?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jackk94 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 23:00:03
i'm currently feeding her on fuzzies, 1 weekly but moving her up to 2 weekly from next week preparing her to move up to whatever mouse size is next?

she's only about 8 months so i think i'll still feed her weekly until she's fully grown and then feed her every 10 days!
thistle Posted - 04/01/2012 : 01:21:23
It depends on the age/size of the snake. If you're feeding weekly and are moving from say pinkies to fuzzies or fuzzies to small mice, etc, then I'd keep it at weekly.

Once the snake reaches adulthood or is overweight they don't need as much food so this is when most people move to feeding every 10 days or fortnightly.
lotabob Posted - 04/01/2012 : 01:14:38
I would feed weekly until they reach an adult size, once they aren't growing so much they either require a little less food weekly or less frequent feeds. The choice is yours though, I will probably extend the gap between feeds to either 10 or 14 days and give them longer to roam etc between digesting sessions.
paulie78 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 22:28:16
Jack i recently moved two of my snakes to once weekly feeds as they are eating much bigger mice dont want my babys getting fat lol the hatchlings eat every 5 days ones on large pinkies the other fuzzies once they are past the fuzzie stage i plan to also move them to once weekly feeds

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000