The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 play time?!?!?!?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meggi Posted - 29/12/2011 : 20:57:39
Hi all, Tobasco is out at least 30 minuites every night. However he always seems to want to come out and i fear it is making him re fuse to eat. He has refused to eat tongiht, and now i feel super stressed (this is 3rd weeks of refusing) and extremly guilty in case it is me making him refuse!!!!

I would like to know how long u have your snakeys out for and do you think this could be the cause of him refusing.

Thanks all, meg x
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tk72 Posted - 30/12/2011 : 00:11:17
Meggi try not to worry. Our Cola would refused a couple of feeds then would only feed if you left her alone in her feeding rub. Then another refused feed after 11 days. Thought all was going wrong but all the good advice from other users helped. I brained the pinky and she was a completely different snake chasing the mouse as I had it in tongs. Just try to relax as some have told me they have gone for a month before feeding.
meggi Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:56:22
okay, thanks all, after reading this i have realised that he has been quite skittish and fast when ive been handling him this week. i wont handle him for a week and try again x thank you all very much for this and ill keep you updated XXXXXXXXX :)
Spreebok Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:33:11
Don't fret, just stop taking him out and leave him be for a week before offering again. Some corns look like they always want to come out, but they're usually just looking about.
Emmy1 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:18:36
Anything from 5 minutes to an hour. A lot of snakes go off their food this time of year. I have a King who hadn't eaten for 3 weeks before he came to me, refused a feed after his week of settling in (4 weeks) and so I won't try and feed him until maybe 2nd week in January. It's a combination of winter/ beginning of breeding season that puts them off food.
eeji Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:17:45
if he's refusing then its best not to handle at all, this *could* be adding to any stresses but the main reason could be any number of things.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000