The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snake toilets !!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nkitch Posted - 29/12/2011 : 02:14:50
I have had my corn snake for just over 2 weeks and all is well. She has eaten twice since I have had her and I have left her 48 hrs each time to digest before handling. Each time she has pooped on me when I have handled her ! At least I don't have to clean it out of the viv !

Should I leave her longer before handling or is this just a case of the exercise prompting a bowl movement ? Usually does the same for me to be fair
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nkitch Posted - 30/12/2011 : 01:57:06
I like the stop;stare;tail lift.........that is spot on exactly what happened !!
Toki Posted - 29/12/2011 : 23:12:06
LOL ... the stare ...

Yeah, bad luck I think although try waiting til she has pooped maybe, before getting her out.

Red has a fantastic habit of knowing when i've got clean bedsheet/covers and crapping all over them ....
meggi Posted - 29/12/2011 : 20:59:34
im afraid its just bad luck. Once my snakey has done `the stare` i run like a ninja for the baby wipes
ScalySituation Posted - 29/12/2011 : 18:38:49
we always have sonny on her towel when shes out but occasionally it soaks through :P
lotabob Posted - 29/12/2011 : 18:27:02
Stare! LOL.

Just have some kitchen roll to hand, if the tail lifts get ready to catch it.
scottishbluebird Posted - 29/12/2011 : 18:03:14
Look for the stop, stare, tail lift!!
ScalySituation Posted - 29/12/2011 : 17:19:58
i prefer sonny to go outside her faun, cos when she goes in her faun she hides it rlly well andits super hard 4 me to find n clean :P
Spreebok Posted - 29/12/2011 : 16:02:26
If he keeps doing it, when you first get him out, pop him straight onto some kitchen roll and let him crawl about whilst you keep his bum on the paper, had to do that when Lister got into the habit of it, luckly he grew out of it!
Red123 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 10:57:43
One of mine holds it until I get him out of his viv. Its disgusting, he has no respect for me at all! I can leave him 3 weeks and he won't go until I get him out.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/12/2011 : 10:28:17
Handling and warm tend to make them want to go lol. I don't hand;e mine until they have pooped. Look for the poo lump at vent!
jaseargonaut12 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 09:01:58
its just bad luck really, i would just put it down to experience, i have been pooed on once.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000