The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Any reason why.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kath Posted - 13/12/2011 : 11:38:47
the last three pinkies we have fed Cornelius, he has taken them rear end first? Also, with eating them this way, can it cause any ill-effects?

The other seven pinkies before these he ate head first. What he does is when he's interested in his pinkie, he'll bite in middle of it then 'walk' his mouth along it 'til he reaches whichever end.

Not too bothered as he's feeding well but it makes for uncomfortable viewing & it looks really awkward for him to eat it that way! Plus, as he's getting back legs of pinkie in his mouth, pinkies belly is bulging & looks like it's gonna burst open!

Thanks
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittlestarRed Posted - 16/12/2011 : 13:36:54
My Royal has taken his rat bum first a couple of times. My BRB took one by the bum first too. As long as they manage to swallow it it's all good. It seems some snakes just like to do things the hard way! LOL
Kath Posted - 14/12/2011 : 13:49:58
lol @ sbb, no I would not be happy if pinky burst whilst I was very near him watching him eat it!! I don't have a strong stomach at best of times!
Kath Posted - 14/12/2011 : 13:48:01
Thx for all your replies guys & reassurances!

Great pic lotabob!
SteGore Posted - 13/12/2011 : 21:57:43
I dont think it matters.I hold mine at base of tale with tongs and he still eats it bum end first sometimes.
lotabob Posted - 13/12/2011 : 20:49:41
Sanke above is a Hogg Island Boa maybe its a Hogg thing, lol.
Mamma Posted - 13/12/2011 : 20:47:32
Alot of my snakes eat bum 1st my hog island boa... shes a bit simple me thinks. She bends it in half and tries to eat it that way lol
Emmy1 Posted - 13/12/2011 : 20:38:13
Fab photo!! I managed to get my corn to strike for the head, so shes at the right end each time. My hoggie is a different story. Sideways, bum ways. Any but the head way. He takes AGES to eat.
lotabob Posted - 13/12/2011 : 20:33:47
I have a Boa that only seems to eat her mice bum first and the occasional sideways too.

It doesn't matter really which way they swallow it it all ends the same way in the stomach.
jaseargonaut12 Posted - 13/12/2011 : 19:15:18
Mine tend to strike in the middle, and then eat what ever end is sticking out the top of there constricton, which is normally head end, but they have tried stinky end first a few times
Sta~ple Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:43:38
Least he walks with his mouth, I have a snake that garbs the middle then fold the mouse in half to eat it or at least attempts to...

It makes no difference, sometimes rear end is easier as then the mouse arms don't get in the way.
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/12/2011 : 16:52:50
This is ok, even if mouse bursts, he will enjoy it, you might not be so happy!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000