The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 HOW LONG ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxymk2 Posted - 11/12/2011 : 10:15:30
I know that a hatchling corn can go a while without eating but roughly how long could one go without drinking ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxymk2 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 13:55:55
This was just a general question in case i was unable to replenish water for some unexpected reason ok. Thanks for the replies have learnt a bit more.
Kath Posted - 12/12/2011 : 12:37:52
Hehe thx Mick, I'm learning..!!
lotabob Posted - 11/12/2011 : 15:51:14
Most of the time you wont see them drink and that if water is there they will be drinking it, also a lot of the water intake is in the food they eat.

It is also a good idea to know what to look for when you are talking dehydration. Its the same test as with most animals, pinch the skin gently lifting it, if it doesn't return back down quickly then its quite likely to be dehydrated. Its far easier on a dog or cat though as they have a scruff you can easily get hold of and raise, the snake is a bit more difficult but the neck area is still the best place as their skin is very stretchy there (possibly easier at the side though). It should return to normal quite quickly if not straight away, if it stands when pinched you need to get fluids into the snake, a bath is your best bet (though again you cant make it drink) and see if that helps. Its quite unlikely though if its eating and has water available to be dehydrated and not showing other symptoms of illness.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 11/12/2011 : 11:37:20
Kath's said it all
Kath Posted - 11/12/2011 : 11:00:52
How do you know it isn't drinking? We've had Cornelius 8wks now & seen him drink about 3 times.
As long as u have a water bowl in with your snake that's all u can do. We can't make them drink from it & they will be drinking during night.
As long as they don't look dehydrated, they'll be ok.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000