The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 vivarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ogri Posted - 08/12/2011 : 20:14:08
I am looking at moving my corn into his ful side viv and was wondering how to set it up?
I take it I put the heatmat inside the viv and drill the back so the leads go straigh out at the bottom, same with the stat and thermometer probe and then just add subtrate and as much decor as I can get it to cover the viv.
Is it advisable to put any kind of light in, purely for viewing purposes.
If anyone has any photos of them setting up or of their vivs at stages of setting up they could share on the forum I would be most greatful
cheers
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 09/12/2011 : 08:42:31
if you arent using LED ights make sure there is a bulb guard over the bulb. Make sure the mesh is closely enough knitted (so to speak)together so that the corn cannot get into it
Casta Posted - 09/12/2011 : 00:19:10
if your wanting lights then led's are best. the snakes can't climb on them and burn themselves
marc_sg Posted - 08/12/2011 : 23:18:29
I made my own i will get some pics i got for you. but its not step by step
adamasrc Posted - 08/12/2011 : 21:13:19
i've got a normal light fitting with a standard 40w bulb in mine, purely for viewing, does make a slight difference in temperature, make sure to use a light guard! and yeah pretty much like you said on how to set it up, i just drilled through the vents, what viv have you got?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000