The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding AGAIN!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bcohen84 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 10:59:43
Hi Guys,
So Ginger, my 2.5-3yr old is now shedding again for the 2nd time in a month. She finished her normal shed on Nov 1 and has now shed again as of last night. I took her to the Vet when she went blue again just to make sure nothing was up as I thought she may have a URI due to an air pocket that sometimes appears on her neck just behind her jaw. Vet saw nothing wrong with her, was impressed with her care and condition (4 ft long at 0.7kg), and basically said maybe its a gut thing here is a poo pot lol. So, I am just curious to know if anyone else has seen their corn shed more frequently all the sudden. Both sheds completed with no problems, she has a healthy appetite and as I said a clean bill from the Vet just a few days ago. Any info would be appreciated and thanks for the help!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bcohen84 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 14:18:32
yea, that makes sense. That was my first thought, but I know I am not over feeding her at this point hehe. That's been her diet for past 4-5 months or so
Mamma Posted - 02/12/2011 : 13:56:39
aaah fab I just read a post elsewhere that an adult snake was shedding every fortnight. Apparently she over feeds it hence the frequent shedding. xx
bcohen84 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 13:54:11
She is now at 1 extra large mouse (from UK provider called frozen direct) and she gets it once monthyly at the moment as I noticed an increase in her girth and decided once a month would be sufficient with that size mouse.
Mamma Posted - 02/12/2011 : 13:30:27
how much you feedin her and how often?
Casta Posted - 02/12/2011 : 12:36:31
my hatchy shed 3 times in 6 weeks. i think that was due to a previous bad shed though and a damaged tail. she will insist on using it to climb in her faun. so long as they seem ok in themselves, i wouldn't worry so much

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000