The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Didnt feed last night

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesA Posted - 30/11/2011 : 12:04:58
Hi all, I'm pretty sure its due to her looking like she's going to shed but thought id check.

Last night Lola wasn't interested in her mouse, never had a problem before. She hardly looked/sniffed it even though we left her in her feeding tub with it for about 10 minutes while I cleaned the faun. She's looking very dusty and milky eyes, also very grumpy.

Am I right this is all down to the impending shed? Should we leave her alone till she's shed, then try again?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 13:42:29
quote:
Originally posted by JamesA

Hi all, I'm pretty sure its due to her looking like she's going to shed but thought id check.

Last night Lola wasn't interested in her mouse, never had a problem before. She hardly looked/sniffed it even though we left her in her feeding tub with it for about 10 minutes while I cleaned the faun. She's looking very dusty and milky eyes, also very grumpy.

Am I right this is all down to the impending shed? Should we leave her alone till she's shed, then try again?

Yup thats probably best it wont hurt her to miss a feed or delay it by a few days some of my snakes will eat when in blue others wont however after a regurge incident with one of the hatchlings i no longer offer mine food if they are in blue

JamesA Posted - 30/11/2011 : 12:32:56
Thanks! Well it was probably longer as i gave it a full clean along with the caves and plants, then set it up again. Usually she she strikes and takes it immediately as soon as she gets a hint of mouse.

Will leave her be until she's shed.
hannah2016 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 12:13:46
yeah she sound like she's gonna shed. mine was like this, i offered her food 2 nights in a row and nothing. i didnt even see blue eyes. but she went ahead and shed. lightly spray faun with water to help her get her skin of and she should be looking and feeding like new in no time. although i do have to say 10 mins isnt that long, even though i doubt she would have taken it you didnt give her much of a chance :/

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000