The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I think i have given my snake a mouse thats 2 big?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cwilloughby08 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 18:46:18
My snake has been on large mice but i decided to try a jumbo because she looks a little thin and she looks for food after a few days when i have given her a large mouse. So tonight i gave her a jumbo and its taken about an hour for her to get 3/4 of in her plus she looks to be finding at difficult. What should i do? Will it harm her?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 27/11/2011 : 21:24:16
^^^ That. And looking thin is not the way to decide whether a snake needs more food, snakes are thin. They also are opportunistic feeders if you put something in front of them, they'll eat it, mooching around is not them showing you they are hungry.

If its swallowed fully leave her a few extra days to digest the bigger meal, if its swallowed but later regurgitated, leave 10 days before feeding again and don't handle during that time either, if it abandoned trying to swallow the mouse, take it out before she starts trying again and offer something smaller in a few days. Don't try to take it back out of the mouth, you'll rip her teeth out.
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 18:57:29
Nothing you can do, leave her to it- I'm sure she'll manage, if she gets to a stage where she can't then she will spit it back out.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000