The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Just a small heart atack :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesA Posted - 27/11/2011 : 08:40:24
My wife went to get Lola out of her faun yesterday and couldn't find her! I started to panic as id fed her 2 days before and we started pulling all the decor out.

Luckily she had just decided to bury herself in the deep end of the faun, panic over, but it was a bit of a fright! I think she is going into shed as she looked quite dusty. Should we raise the humidity a bit or put a wet hide in? Its usually 55 to 60% due to the large fish tank next to the faun.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
I-love-my-snakes Posted - 28/11/2011 : 18:20:38
Hehe, had that moment some times by now, and in these 3 years there were only 3 real escapes ;-)
I bought 19 corns in 16 months.
Have you decided on a royal morph yet?
JamesA Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:17:04
Dont know if you are anywhere near Swindon Marc, but id highly recommend the breeder I got my royal from. Its a 40 mile trip for me, but it was worth it to see some amazing snakes and talk to someone who knows their snakes. The prices were good too!
marc_sg Posted - 27/11/2011 : 13:58:25
quote:
Originally posted by JamesA

Heh well im glad its not just us :)

Will keep an eye on her shed this time and see how it goes.

In other news, I was feeling left out so I've bought myself a Royal and picked him up yesterday! These snakes are addictive! Just registered over on the royal forum so will post pics there soon.

i no what you mean about addictive i started off with 1 corn now ive got 4 in 2 years and next year im getting my first two royals aswell
JamesA Posted - 27/11/2011 : 12:25:09
Heh well im glad its not just us :)

Will keep an eye on her shed this time and see how it goes.

In other news, I was feeling left out so I've bought myself a Royal and picked him up yesterday! These snakes are addictive! Just registered over on the royal forum so will post pics there soon.

NaeLou Posted - 27/11/2011 : 10:55:43
I had that happen the very first morning after I bought Misssi!

I bought her home without telling the OH aswell... haha! and when I went to show him her in the morning after he got home from work, she'd gone!!

My panic was not only over losing her, but also having to explain to the OH that she had escaped!!

She had buried herself under her woodchip on the cool side, she only had a hide on her warm side at this point, hence the upside down plant pot!!
paulie78 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 10:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

I think if we are honest most members would have had that awful feeling at some time

Yuppers i had it again this morning and the aspen didnt even look deep enough to be able to burrow in lol
Okeetee Mick Posted - 27/11/2011 : 09:39:36
I think if we are honest most members would have had that awful feeling at some time
NiallP Posted - 27/11/2011 : 09:20:40
I thought I lost Sylar like that on Friday, then to find her burrowing in the cool end
Simmy_82 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 08:52:41
No need to raise the humidity really. If its her first shed with you leave as normal see how it goes. Of any problems you know next time to aid her a little.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000