The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Recommended Thermostat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jason_app Posted - 22/11/2011 : 18:24:22
Hey ,

Can you recommend a good thermostat please. Reliable, efficient and affordable.

Thanks, Jase
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 24/11/2011 : 09:50:18
The pulses keep the temp within 1c easily, more like 0.3 of a degree lol.

If you go on the habistat website they explain stuff I think XD
paulie78 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 22:53:59
quote:
Originally posted by Jason_app

So what is the differenc ebetween the habistat models. I have seen pulse, twin, dimming etc...

On/off stats are really the most suitable for corns dimmer stats are more appropiate for heat lamps and pulse stats are just a fancier version of the on/off stat they dont switch off just send a constant pulse to keep the temperature constant they are a lot more accurate than on/off stats but a lil more expensive if im wrong somebody more experianced will no doubt correct me lol
Jason_app Posted - 23/11/2011 : 22:30:17
So what is the differenc ebetween the habistat models. I have seen pulse, twin, dimming etc...
hillzi Posted - 23/11/2011 : 16:12:51
either microclimate or habistat on/off 100w heatmat thermostats are both alright and usually around £18/25.. shop around though. I wouldn't bother with a pulse or any other fancy ones for just controlling a heatmat.
Sta~ple Posted - 23/11/2011 : 14:28:25
I like my Habistate pulse, got it for £30 and keeps the temp amazingly weel. Only problem is I must play with my pc cables or something with my feet as my bottom viv on the stack sometimes gets it's knob twisted a bit, the rest are fine though :D
gingerpony Posted - 23/11/2011 : 13:16:05
ahh that's true, the newer ones don't any more!

the Habistat pulses, twins and dimmers still have knobs on
paulie78 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 21:46:15
The cheapy habistat doesnt have the knob gp its one of those lil dials u have to stick a screwdriver in to turn or at least thats what my two have lol
gingerpony Posted - 22/11/2011 : 21:29:43
i liked my Aqua-line on/off stat for accuracy though the probe was more bulky than other brands

one thing it might be worth considering for those that have kids - habistat stats have knobs that are easily turned by small hands but microclimate stat don't! (yes we found this out the hard way.....................)
awlred Posted - 22/11/2011 : 20:47:34
Matstat and Microclimate two different makes that are both fairly popular it would seem. I can't speak to the quality of the microclimate stats but my MatStat is does it's job well and feels like a hard wearing piece of kit.
Casta Posted - 22/11/2011 : 20:10:34
which was which??
paulie78 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 18:28:56
Jason for around 25 quid you can get either a Habistat mat stat or a microclimate mini stat both are on/off stats i have both and have to say that i find the Habistat has the edge slightly there seems to be less temperature fluctuations with the Habistat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000