The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Thermostat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NiallP Posted - 21/11/2011 : 02:27:36
When I brought Sylar, I asked if I needed a thermostat and I was told I didn't. However, reading posts on here have made me realise that I do, to make sure the heat mat doesn't go above 29 degrees C.

I have found one but I'm not sure if it's suitable for me. Here is the like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SQAP1S?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

Also, I just caught Sylar drinking, and I got pictures!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 21/11/2011 : 19:20:18
quote:
Originally posted by NiallP

I have ordered a digital thermometer, and that should be arriving shortly. So, how do I hook it up so it reads from the digital thermometer probe?

replied to that on your other thread :)
NiallP Posted - 21/11/2011 : 03:05:54
I have ordered a digital thermometer, and that should be arriving shortly. So, how do I hook it up so it reads from the digital thermometer probe?
gmac Posted - 21/11/2011 : 03:01:33
dont apologise for asking questions, we all learn by asking. You set the thermostat at the temp you want it to cut off at, so set it for 30 and it will turn off then, possibly switch back on again about 27 ish so will average 28 and a bit so all good. You need to set it with a digital thermometer and not go by the dial on the stat, they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

As for the Photos yes you need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket or flickr, you can also copy them in from facebook. Just try to keep the max photo size of 800 x 600 ;)
NiallP Posted - 21/11/2011 : 02:56:29
I will do in the morning :) two questions, do I have to upload them too an image sharing website (I assume I do) and the second is about the thermostat. Do you just set a temperature you want it to turn off at and come on at? (extremely newbie question, I know, and I apologise)
gmac Posted - 21/11/2011 : 02:53:40
nice :D and get them posted then :P
NiallP Posted - 21/11/2011 : 02:52:07
Thanks gmac! I also caught Sylar drinking, and got a few pictures!
gmac Posted - 21/11/2011 : 02:36:34
that stat is fine for your mat. Its an on off stat so there will be some temp fluctuation of a few degrees but is perfectly acceptable.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000