The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heat mats....watt one??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
purplehay1978 Posted - 17/11/2011 : 12:06:50
I was wondering if any of you could advise about heat mats....they come in so many different watts and i dont know what watt is best!!
ive seen low watts such a 7w to 14 and 20+ and theres ones that go under the viv, inside the viv, on the wall or on the floor...with a stat and without(ultratherm??) i really want to get this right!!
My cornsnake Geoege is about a 8 months old and has only been with me for just over a week. hes doing great but at the minute his viv is being heated by a heat lamp. this isnt really warming his home up as much as id like. current temp is sitting at 29.7 on the warmer side...any help would be greatly appreciated!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 19/11/2011 : 14:58:11
but the temperature its sitting at now is fine, so its not an immediate problem that needs resolving
eeji Posted - 18/11/2011 : 13:36:31
....and they all need a thermostat too ;)
Simmy_82 Posted - 17/11/2011 : 12:47:28
The wattage changes with size. So really you should be looking at the size. What size is your viv? The heat mat should cover 1/3 to 1/2 of the viv's floor space.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000