The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Another good feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesA Posted - 12/11/2011 : 21:19:40
Well we just fed Lola again, went very well, she struck at the pinky a couple of times, then got a grip and was off! Not a great pic as its from the phone :)

Can anyone say from this if she needs a bigger meal, or should be fed more often than 7 days?

Cheers!

Oh and i've now got my eye on a Royal :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JamesA Posted - 13/11/2011 : 16:11:53
Thanks everyone, will check her weight just before the next feed and go from there. After last nights feed there was a bulge but not a large one, so maybe she needs a 2nd pinky.
Bluenicoli Posted - 13/11/2011 : 15:51:29
Yeah fair enough guys, i guess as a complete beginner i was reccomended this and it seemed nice and straight forward.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 13/11/2011 : 14:43:17
Having looked at the Munson plan I think it's a little too much. Adam at Procorns gave me his feeding regime and as anybody who has bought from them will know, their snakes are in perfect condition.
Feeding plan
Single pinks 6 days Snake = 4-15g
Large pinks (2pink) 7 days Snake = 16-25g
Fuzz (5-6g) 7 days Snake = 26-40g
Small (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 41-80g
Small x 2 (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 80-120g
Mouse (18-20g) 7-14d days Snake = 120+g

Adult females after bromating are fed every 6-7 days.
Adult females are fed every 7 days.
Adult males are fed every 10 days.
Mamma Posted - 13/11/2011 : 09:08:04
The general rule of thumb (I have never used this Munson thing. Never even read it) is as long as the feed is no bigger than 1.5x the width of the thickest part of the snake. Also if the feed leaves a significant bump in the snake then its not time to move up a feed.
JamesA Posted - 12/11/2011 : 23:15:43
She did knock it back pretty quick! Will look at that plan and probably give her the next meal a little sooner. Ta for the input.
Bluenicoli Posted - 12/11/2011 : 22:51:16
She's a beauty! Hard to say from the pic but looks like she might be able to go a bit bigger or maybe go for two pinks in one go. Look up The Munson Plan on Google, it gives you an idea of what they should be eating based on weight. Also i feed my hatchling (and she looks about the same size) every five days...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000