The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sleeping all day?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SheWolfey Posted - 12/11/2011 : 11:00:02
Indra has been asleep almost constantly for the last day and a half. I know she hasn't been awake when I am asleep as I haven't slept well at all the last week. She has been asleep in the middle of her viv (behind her cold hide).

I handled her a little yesterday and she fell back to sleep in my hand.

I noticed that she is going slowly grey, but only on her back end. I guess she is going to shed soon, but I just wanted to check that this was normal.

The temps are correct ( 30 degrees in the warm end and 21 in the cold).

I hope that its all normal, but I just wanted to make sure
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 12/11/2011 : 21:30:48
When you say, fell asleep in your hand, do you mean she just sat there, not moving? If so, thats totally normal, usually means they're pretty content (but sometimes too scared to move) but I wouldn't worry, both reactions are normal :)
Emmy1 Posted - 12/11/2011 : 18:46:23
My corn sleeps all day and is active somewhere between 11pm to 4am. She used to keep me awake terrible when she was housed in my bedroom. She didn't move at all when in shed so this behaviour sounds normal to me.
NaeLou Posted - 12/11/2011 : 18:25:24
Misssi didnt come out of her hide for a week when 'blue' ....I kept bugging people on here because I was quite worried, as it was unlike her to not poke her head out and be nosey during the day time!!

Most of the time she was in her cool side also and the only time I really saw her was if I got her out to see if she was ok, and when I fed her!!
SheWolfey Posted - 12/11/2011 : 16:48:42
Ok, thanks
I didn't know they were crepuscular
lotabob Posted - 12/11/2011 : 12:22:43
Cornsnakes are crepuscular (awake during dusk and dawn) but occasionally I hear them shuffling around in the dark at night, usually if they need a drink or moving from hot to cool or vice versa. Its totally normal and nothing to worry about.

They do become even more inactive while they prepare to shed, they go dull and their belly goes milky, then they go 'blue' where their eyes go cloudy and they look very grey, then their skin clears and then anywhere between 1 to 10 days later they will shed their old skin.

I find 28oC better in the hot end but each snake is different, if its spending a lot of time in the cool end it might be worth while turning down your stat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000