The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Tank temperature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silab Posted - 11/11/2011 : 13:25:46
Hi, newbie corn snake owner here.

We've had our snake now for just over two weeks, he is about 3 years old. between 2.5 and 3 feet long.
We have his viv set up with a heat mat, the warm side is 82-85 F, the cool side is
64-66 F, he spends all his time in the corner of the cool side, only time I have seen him in the warm side is when I put him in there after having a hold, and even then its only for a couple of minutes, he is eating fine, he seems ok though does initially feel cool when he is brought out. Could it be he particularly likes the hide on the cool side, or could it just be he prefers cooler temps?
Thanks
Lisa
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 12/11/2011 : 14:06:36
how are you measuring your temps, one sign that your warm side is too warm is the snake spending the majority of the time in the cool side, you could try turning the temp down by 1 degree and see if that makes a difference. Does he go in the warm hide when he's digesting?
Silab Posted - 11/11/2011 : 19:58:44
Thanks, I had thought it was just that he preferred the cool side, but being new to snakes I wanted to double check.
Thanks.
Lisa
tordyjo Posted - 11/11/2011 : 17:08:15
all snakes will feel cool/cold to the touch as they are cold blooded, their body temps are lower than ours, so for all they may feel cold they may not actually be as cold as you think
Okeetee Mick Posted - 11/11/2011 : 13:58:46
One of mine is just the same, always cold to the the touch and spends most of the time in her cool hide. Eats well and is gaining weight so why worry

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000