The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed for Cola.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tk72 Posted - 09/11/2011 : 09:56:34
Well she has been here a week now and no one has been near her. So I am getting a pinky ready for her. Just nervous as before Paddy died he was still eating great and had no problems that way. But cant help feeling a bit nervy, hope all goes well and she takes her feed. Will post later on to let you know how she gets on. Fingers crossed.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 11/11/2011 : 01:51:50
Good to hear that you managed to get her to eat.
tk72 Posted - 09/11/2011 : 20:08:05
Thanks everyone. Just relieved to get that first one done and dusted.
SheWolfey Posted - 09/11/2011 : 20:06:13
Glad it went well!
garrie Posted - 09/11/2011 : 19:46:12
Great news - another way you "could" warm the head up a bit before feeding, is to hold the head under a warm tap for a few seconds (i defrost mine in a sandwich bag, so it doesn't get wet)
ScalySituation Posted - 09/11/2011 : 19:40:08
lol congrats on the succesful feed, i find if sonny is taking a while 2 eat if i turn all the lights out and make it as dark as possible for her helps
tk72 Posted - 09/11/2011 : 19:37:36
Well that was not as easy as I thought. So used to Paddy just diving straight in. Cola just was not interested in the pinky at all just kept moving around it. My daughter gat upset saying "dont want Cola to die to" kept calm had a think.Left the pinky in with her still no interest for a good 20 mins (although felt like hours) time for another think then lightbulb moment from something I read on here, got the hair dryer on the pinky for a few seconds offered it to Cola and then.....................goodnight and goodbye for the pinky. Struck little curl around then down the hatch. Straight back in her rub and lights off and leave her alone. Thanks to whoever siad to use the hair dryer it worked a treat. Although the only problem now will be when my wife finds out what I have used the hair dryer for.LOL (she does not like snakes at all)
SheWolfey Posted - 09/11/2011 : 19:31:08
I was nervous the first time too
I hope it goes well!
Good luck
thistle Posted - 09/11/2011 : 19:23:58
I'm sure it will be fine but I know that you can't help being nervous the first time.

Good luck.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 09/11/2011 : 18:47:39
Good luck, sure it will go well.
Hissyfit Posted - 09/11/2011 : 13:02:39
Good luck, hope the first feed goes well for you
garrie Posted - 09/11/2011 : 11:15:34
I wholeheartedly agree with Mamma , best of luck
Mamma Posted - 09/11/2011 : 10:10:05
Im sure the 1st feed will go fine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Its natural that you are gonna be nervous. In time that nervousness will pass, and hopefully you will be able to relax and relish the enjoyment more xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000