The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesA Posted - 05/11/2011 : 20:45:38
Well we gave Lola her first feed last night and its went very well. My wife got her out and lowered her towards the RUB where i was holding the pinky with a pair of tongues. She struck it and ate it no bother at all! Didn't get any decent pics but it was fascinating to watch. we left her in the tub till she was finished and trying to get out, then lowered the tub back into her faun so she could make her own way back out. She's went into the cool hide last night, we've not seen her move today, but she's now curled up in her warm hide and hasn't been out as yet this evening.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simmy_82 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:40:04
7 Days from when you last fed her would be fine. I feed mine every Sunday.
JamesA Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:38:48
Must have been a big meal, she's only just decided to come out again this morning!

How long should we leave it till the next feed?

JamesA Posted - 06/11/2011 : 22:22:15
Ah thats ok then, thanks. Will try not to worry for a bit longer :)

Simmy_82 Posted - 06/11/2011 : 22:10:04
No. I rarely seen mine for 36 hours. Other snakes longer. As long as she's moving from hide to hide and you changing the water and the temps are right all will be fine! I was like this on my first feed. I just right off seeing her for 48hrs anything less is a bonus. Anything longer, was a big meal
JamesA Posted - 06/11/2011 : 21:43:18
Ok so is it normal not to see your snake for 2 days after a feed? As i said, i know shes moved from one hide to the other, but we have not actually seen her out at all since friday night now. Should we be worried yet?
Simmy_82 Posted - 06/11/2011 : 16:05:01
Great stuff. One less worry out of the way
SheWolfey Posted - 06/11/2011 : 14:57:50
Glad it went well
Diggers91 Posted - 05/11/2011 : 21:34:34
Ive got my first feed due tomorrow, very excited :) i hope it all goes well!! Any one got some good tips? The only thing im worried about is that i am struggling to get a good temperature in my viv :/
gmac Posted - 05/11/2011 : 20:46:20
congrats

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000