The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Growing with out shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SheWolfey Posted - 27/10/2011 : 13:26:31
I got Indra on Sunday and she seemed tiny. But, yesterday she was moving around her viv and she was longer than the longest side of her viv. The longest side is around 1 foot 3 inches.

So I thought, "Oh she has shed". But I couldn't find the shed skin anywhere. She is definitely longer then when I first got her. She's 3 months old (Almost 4 months).

Can Snakes grow with out shedding?

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but she is definitely longer then when I 1st got her.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simmy_82 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 13:36:41
I've had my corn 12 weeks. Its shed once on 10th Sept. But it has grown 3in in those 12 weeks. 1in since its shed.

But growing that fast in 4/5days? Its prob because she's more comfortable in her surroundings and is stretching out more than you have seen her do and thats why you think she looks longer?
garrie Posted - 27/10/2011 : 13:33:14
Yes...my understanding is that it is the growing that (partially) causes them to shed...so that they can essentially "fit" into their new skin, once they outgrow the old one. It is amazing how quickly they can seem to grow!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000