The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 A new addition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SheWolfey Posted - 23/10/2011 : 14:15:49
I got my first corn snake today! I was only supposed to be looking, but I ended up walking away with a cute little Carolina Corn (who I named Indra). I am guessing I am not the first person to do this .
I set up everything and when I put her in, she went state for the hide. She seems like a nice little snake though. When she stops hiding, I will take a picture of her.
I was just wandering, how long would you recommend it before I handle her? Because the shop I went to said 6 weeks (which I thought was a little long).

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 25/10/2011 : 01:36:26
Congratulations on your new addition.

Can't believe they told you to wait 6wks before handling! I would have gone mental if I had to wait that long to handle mine, 7 days was bad enough. Lol.
Mort13 Posted - 24/10/2011 : 21:00:04
Aww congrats on Indra. Carolinas are great. Bet you're relieved it isn't 6 weeks lol!
paulie78 Posted - 24/10/2011 : 14:24:05
Ok i have no idea where that is but i shall google lol wonder how long before you get your second not long i suspect
SheWolfey Posted - 24/10/2011 : 13:36:04
I got her from Reptiles Plus. The one near Broadstone.
Thanks for the advice guys. I though 6 weeks sounded a little long.
She came out from under her hide twice yesterday, but I haven't seen her today yet.
kdlang Posted - 23/10/2011 : 21:01:19
Congratulations. As already said, a weel settling in period should be fine. Then you can feed her then handle her 2 days after that. The only real reason for it being longer than that is if she has to be disturbed due to setting up issues or if she doesnt eat. Then I would leave her a little longer.
paulie78 Posted - 23/10/2011 : 20:12:52
Glad to see you got your corn at last whered you buy her from ? not being nosey i just know your in the south west area lol same as me
Mamma Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:00:05
Agree with all above. 7 days, no disturbing except water changes if the snake is due a feed, dont worry about her missing a feed whilst settling in. She will be fine.
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/10/2011 : 16:25:33
Congrats 6 weeks nooo , just a week!! Love the name!
garrie Posted - 23/10/2011 : 14:58:46
Congratulations Indra is a great name. Definitely agree with above comments about waiting time.
Figs Posted - 23/10/2011 : 14:20:10
Congrats!
The general rule on here is to give new snakies a week alone before trying to feed or handle
6 weeks seems a little excessive lol!
ScalySituation Posted - 23/10/2011 : 14:18:44
7 days is the normal length of time :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000