The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New plan for feeding River

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kneon light Posted - 23/10/2011 : 12:22:28
Ok so River didn't eat the food left for her overnight.
I think the handling for the first time may have stressed her out and put her off feeding. Ideally I want her to feed outside of the viv but I think until she is used to being handled I will try and feed her in the viv.

So the next time I feed her rather than picking her up and putting her in her feed box I will just put the food in her viv (on a kitchen roll so she doesn't swallow any substrate). I have already put the kitchen roll in the viv so I don't disturb her putting this in.

Should I try putting food in tonight or wait a few days? Also should I put it straight on the kitchen roll or in a feeding dish on the kitchen roll?

If I need to wait a few days should I get her out each day to get her used to being handled or should I wait until after she has fed to do this (not straight after obviously!)

She is 13 weeks old but has not eaten for 2 weeks - how long can she go without food? I'm probably stressing over nothing but just don't want anything to happen to her.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kneon light Posted - 24/10/2011 : 09:19:37
Don't worry I will!
Feel more relaxed now I know she can survive quite a while without food.
Once she is finally settled and feeding I'll get some photos of her and post here :)
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2011 : 20:02:19
yeah keep us posted we're not just here for the bad/problem times lol
kneon light Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:53:52
Thanks for the help.
Will leave her alone and put food in the viv in a few days.
Will let you know how she gets on!
Mamma Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:43:34
Agreed. Best to not handle if she/he isnt feeding. This allows less stress and fingers crossed feeding properly will start xx
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2011 : 19:38:57
if you're having problems with feeding i'd recommend NOT handling at all till she's taken at least 3 consecutive feeds
Spreebok Posted - 23/10/2011 : 15:04:07
I'd say leave her until she's fed before handling, you can always make up for lost time once she's feeding well :)
kneon light Posted - 23/10/2011 : 14:21:06
If I try again in a few days should I handle her in the meantime to get her used to handling or leave her until after she's fed?
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2011 : 12:28:14
she can prolly go at least 6 months without food!
i'd leave it at least a few days before trying again

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000