The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 snake's eye

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigal79 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 13:28:22
hi there i have recently noticed that my corn has i small indentation on his left eye ball. i dont know how this has happened it looks like he has banged it on one of his twigs in the viv. it doesn't seam to be bothering him but it just doesn't look right. could it cause his eye sight to be impaired or will it just fix on his next shed. please advise. cheers :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 18/10/2011 : 10:05:20
My royal had this, and it came out when he next shed :)
bigal79 Posted - 17/10/2011 : 10:01:07
thanks for that info. his skin isnt to loose or baggy. and i always give him a good checking out after each shed and on his last shed it was a full clean shed with both eye caps in tact. so if its not dehydration or retained skin then he might have just banged it on a twig as i first thought. :)
mikerichards Posted - 16/10/2011 : 23:05:04
dehydration will show in the skin long before the eyes, if the snake is dehydrated then the skin will look like its being pinched, its where the tissue under the skin shrinks and the skin is then sort of too big.
What is more likely is that there is a retained eye cap.
bigal79 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 17:29:22
hi thanks for the info. i didnt think i could spray in the tank as i only have plastic plants in there and wooden logs. can you tell me if its ok then to put real plants in there with him. as this is what i wanted to do from the start but was told not to by someone in the reptile store?
lotabob Posted - 16/10/2011 : 16:49:21
I rarely see my snakes drink other than when I am putting them back. What is the humidity like in your setup? It may be a bit dry, a quick spray on any foliage or just chuck a damp cloth in for a day see if it helps.

If it is actual scale damage it is nothing to worry about scales are there to take the damage and will shed out at the next shed.
bigal79 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 14:39:40
well its funny that you say that as i just this min said to my partner that i have noticed that the corn will only drink when i put her to the water bowl. she will never drink of her own accord.
lotabob Posted - 16/10/2011 : 14:32:50
Dents in the eye can be a sign of dehydration.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000