The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Domino's back! Yay!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tallscientist Posted - 12/10/2011 : 21:38:13
Well, after a week away on holiday, Domino had to go for a week away at the reptile shop (who I'm still not entirely convinced about, but given it's the only one even remotely within travelling distance I have to go with them for the time being). They mentioned at least twice that he's a good feeder!

I was so glad to get him back tonight. I have missed him, and his cheeking staring at me when I am sat watching the TV. I've even upgraded his substrate to aspen, and am going to see how I go with that, if I don't like it I can always go back to kitchen roll.

Anyway, on my way home I noticed that he was looking a bit flakey. I thought that was a bit odd. Then I thought I saw some of his skin come off. So, just as I was about to get on the Northern Line tube, I notice that he's actually shedding in his box! So I got to watch him shed - I felt so honoured. It was the weirdest thing, like peeling off a sock, and he seemed to be squeezing out of it! I could make sure that his tail came out fine, and all there was left was a tiny bit of skin on his side, so I had to grab him and take that off.

I've now left him in his faun to get used to being at home again, and won't take him out for a few days to let him settle.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
garrie Posted - 15/10/2011 : 12:55:58
Such an awesome story...and welcome back Domino
Tallscientist Posted - 13/10/2011 : 20:23:09
Ha - well his box was contained in a cardboard box in a bag so I guess they might have wondered why I was so interested in the contents of my bag!
Hissyfit Posted - 13/10/2011 : 11:39:54
Glad you got him back safe and well Cool that you got to see him shed too
Mamma Posted - 13/10/2011 : 08:32:53
welcome back xx
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/10/2011 : 01:22:03
lol, wonder what they were thinking
tordyjo Posted - 12/10/2011 : 23:47:54
fab for you getting to see him shed, would love to have been on that tube watching everyones faces
thistle Posted - 12/10/2011 : 22:28:14
Hope you had a good holiday.

Glad to hear that you've got Domino home safely. It's amazing how much you miss them when your away.

Must have been amazing to watch him shed while you were on the tube, bet you got a few curious stares.
oakleyman18 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 22:01:15
You did this all on the tube?!?! lol! There must have been some old dears and girls who were freaking out! I'd love to have seen a person with fear of tight spaces AND snakes AND transport... probably would have wet themslves! Glad he's safe home x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000