The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New Vivarium / Sharing Corns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NikNacz2112 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:18:28
Hi all, below is a picture of the new viv I have built for our corn snake it measures 44'' wide, 22'' deep, 15'' high.

I would like to keep 2 corns in here if possible. They 1 is about 5-6 mths the other is 4 mths. Do you think this would be OK?

At present both Khan & Fred are in seperate containers within the viv. How old should they be before I introduce them to the larger viv properly?

Currently have heat supplied by heatmat with stat and also 100w basking lamp. Temps at hot end around 29-30 and cool end around 22-24.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 12/10/2011 : 18:54:58
and the old subject of viv sharing rears its head once again :)
Sta~ple Posted - 12/10/2011 : 17:20:57
I wouldn't put any corn in a viv, any size until it was at least a year old and then it would have to be a massive yearling just because they can squeeze though tiny gaps! Mine are a year and a half and have just gone in vivs, there is cardboard covering every possible hole! Unless they are in tubs. They are very good at escaping trough cable holes and the doors!
kdlang Posted - 12/10/2011 : 17:10:52
It's great that you have taken all the advice on the co-hab thread on board. Personally, I know that some people have kept corns together without any problems at all, but it's not a risk I am willing to take and would not like the continuous worry.

Putting a partition in the viv is a great idea. Even then I would say you could probably wait until they are a year old before putting them in it. And you probably wouldn't need another viv until they are about 2 years old
Mamma Posted - 12/10/2011 : 17:02:48
No worries xx
NikNacz2112 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:59:50
Thanks for the post Mama. Will put a divider down the middle whilst I build a second viv. Both are still really small so got plenty of time.

There seems to be many conflicting opinions on this subject but I always trade on the side of caution so will house them.

Will change to ceramic heaters and normal bulbs so I can control the heat on both sides easier.
Mamma Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:26:27
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070&SearchTerms=cohabiting
Simmy_82 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:24:53
You could put a divider down the middle and let them share it that way. It is unadvisable to a share an enclosure (without divider).

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000