The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Is it Normal ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:43:10
Hi guys sorry but another newbie question im afraid

Artemis looks as though shes starting to go very dull her eyes are clear though but shes suddenly become a bit skittish and jumpy when im getting out of her rub is it just because shes in shed are they easily disoreintated generally when in shed or is it just when the eyes grey over ? nothings changed in her rub except for the fact i swapped the makeshift hide for some cork bark temps are stable and ok 23.5-24 cool end 28-29 warm end
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 13/10/2011 : 19:46:36
paulie78 Posted - 13/10/2011 : 18:49:50
Thanks GP well as i said shes usually as meek as a lamb so i contributed it to the fact she hadnt shed with me yet so i dont know her routine and i didnt ask the breeder when i took her on as shes came from a friend of his and he was just housing her till he sold her (he told me he had her for sale 2 days later i bought her so even had i asked he probably wouldnt have known) i certainly dont wanna stress her out so i will leave her be till shes shed shes due to eat tomorrow but after whats happened with Barl im not gonna chance it
gingerpony Posted - 13/10/2011 : 13:52:32
even when their eyes clear they still have impaired vision as the old/current occular scale or 'eyecap' has lifted in preparation for the new one being exposed when they shed. as a result of their limited vision they can often be more secretive or nervous or skittish if handled, which can result in defensive behaviour.
ideally don't handle at all till the shedding process is complete.
Mamma Posted - 13/10/2011 : 08:34:20
When their eyes are blue thats when they have the most difficulty seeing etc. Once they clear they shouldnt have any difficulties... but will prob still remain skittish. xx
paulie78 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 22:23:59
Thanks guys im a born worrier cant help it just want to make sure im getting it right lol
Simmy_82 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:15:11
Nah sounds like they are all competing for your attention! lol
paulie78 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 16:06:41
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Woman and their "time of the month" eh...who needs them

PST = Pre shedding tension

Lmao Garrie thanks for the info guys what with Barls regurge and Then a sudden change in Artemis behaviour i was starting to wonder if im just a bad snake keeper :-(
garrie Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:57:57
Woman and their "time of the month" eh...who needs them

PST = Pre shedding tension
paulie78 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:56:06
Shes usually very very laid back lol when i tried to pick her up she seemed a bit jumpy not usually like her to be jumpy at all shes so laid back when u pick her up you can put her down walk off come back and she wont move unless something catches her eye lol (not that i have a habit of leaving her unattended)
garrie Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:54:44
My understanding is that the entire process through shed they "can" be quite skittish/nervous - simply because of how much more vulnerable they are. She may get better with time - i.e. when she knows you loads more, but she may not.

Personally, i would take it as a "oh she's in shed, i should leave the grumpy moo alone until she is all shiny and new"...but that is obviously just me and my opinion.
Simmy_82 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:52:12
Sounds like she's on her way into shed. They can but skittish throughout the whole shed process. Mine was hiding under the subsrtate for nearly 2 weeks. I dont think its much to worry about

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000