The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigal79 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 15:14:13
hi there i was just wondering if someone can help me. i have a 9 month old corn and im feeding him on two fluffs once a week is this the right amount or should it be more or less. thanks :)

***moved from Intros to General Keeping by GP***
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LarkaDawg Posted - 16/10/2011 : 14:24:46
Sizes= pinkies, fluffies, small mouse, medium, large, xlarge/jumbo

Between fluffies and small might be weaner but ive only heard about them online :)
bigal79 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 13:32:40
oh right well in that case then i do need to move him up yo the next size. what is the next one up from a fluff. cheers :)
lotabob Posted - 16/10/2011 : 13:30:03
I used my fingers to get an idea of the snakes girth when I first got Spot he was a tiny bit smaller than my little finger, I could then compare the mouse to my finger and it made it easier to work out. Spot is as thick as my thumb now lol. You get strange looks in the rep shop comparing mice to your fingers but you get the right size.
gmac Posted - 16/10/2011 : 13:22:46
you dont need to measure the snake, a best guess is sufficient ;) just eye they size
bigal79 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 13:19:34
hi ok thanks for your reply. im not to sure on the girth of my corn as he/she wont keep still long enough to measure him/her but yes he is taking two fluff's with ease so i will try him on the next size up. cheers :)
thistle Posted - 12/10/2011 : 02:04:09
Hi, welcome to the forum.

As Simmy said, without knowing the size of your snake we can't tell you the size of mouse you should be feeding. But if your snake is managing 2 fluffs easily then it's probably a good idea to try him on the next size up.
Simmy_82 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 16:09:28
It depends on the diameter of the thickest part of the snake. We need a bit more info to help you.

The size of mouse it should be on should be 1.5x the thickest part of the snake.

Guessing from the brief info you've given it might be needing the next size of mouse upwards, but only one of them. But thats just guessing.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000