The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Houdini

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Emmy1 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 18:49:43
I guess theres always that little voice in the back of your head that tells you that one day you will have an escapee on your hands

On Saturday night I must have left Shoezy's viv glass ajar, as on Sunday I got a call at work to say that the snake is missing. As I was the last one to see her and interact with her, it's the only possible solution I can think of to her escape.

I've turned each room inside out and I cannot find her! I've sat up listening and lost dozens of hours sleeping because I'm convinced I can hear her. But the noises turn out to be my neighbours or a mahoosive spider on a plastic bag.

I find it so frustrating that a 3ft snake can just disappear into thin air. Also kicking myself for being an idiot and being absent minded when I should ahve been careful.

Anybody got any suggestions to help me find her/ place a virtual bet on when she will show up? Not allowed to put flour down as we just got new carpets laid. Oh parents...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 03/11/2011 : 11:11:34
DON'T LOSE HOPE, there's always a chance! if you think she may have got outside check outhouses (sheds, greenhouses ect)
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/11/2011 : 23:01:39
Great, just dont give up xxx
Emmy1 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 18:57:26
We found a small poop in the corner of the front room about a week ago but we're unsure if it was the snake or our Beardie as we let her have free roam in there two days before (supervised of course). The poo was dried and powdery suggesting it had been there more than a few hours/ a day. If it is Shoezy then at least I know she's in the house where it's warm.
jonoandapril Posted - 02/11/2011 : 18:18:02
keep the faith, she'll turn up. one of mine got away a few months back and was AWOL for 3 months. in the end my neighbors a couple of doors down brought her back as they found her in their garden! she had shed by the looks of it, and had actually put on a gram or two. their suprisingly hardy and tend to turn up in the end. keep smiling!
Kez Posted - 02/11/2011 : 18:08:15
Bless, I hope she turns up soon
Emmy1 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 18:04:58
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but wanted to do an update.

Today marks a month that Shoezy has been missing. I haven't given up hope on her, I'm pretty sure she's just really good at slipping right under our noses, although there has been absolutely no sign of her since her disappearence. Apart from me, everyone is convinced she has managed to get outside. I hope she shows up.
Emmy1 Posted - 20/10/2011 : 21:04:53
Still no sign guys.
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 19/10/2011 : 13:36:40
my snake conan went missing and we found him behind the computer hope you find your snake soon x
Okeetee Mick Posted - 18/10/2011 : 21:48:06
Really hope she turns up soon
ga-rat Posted - 18/10/2011 : 20:25:31
Any signs yet of the escapee?
SheWolfey Posted - 14/10/2011 : 20:29:56
I hope you find her soon D:
Maybe, instead of putting flour on the floor, you could put it on trays? That way the floor wouldn't get all floury
Emmy1 Posted - 14/10/2011 : 19:55:34
No, we haven't found her :( The carpet men fitted the carpet today and there was absolutely no sign of her. Nor did we uncover any new places for her to slither into. No loose floorboards, no gaps etc.

I have yet to go around the radiators/ tv/ under the draws and cupboards with the torch tonight. It's become a nightly routine now :P
Tallscientist Posted - 14/10/2011 : 13:27:42
Losing my snake would be my worst nightmare. Not only is there a no pets rule here, my downstairs neighbour seems to be constantly on the warpath to try and complain about everything that I do! I hope Shoezy turns up soon.
tk72 Posted - 14/10/2011 : 11:12:47
HAve you found her yet?
Emmy1 Posted - 11/10/2011 : 20:50:04
No luck yet. I've left a mouse out for a few hours in each room but to no avail. I had a feeling I wouldn't find her very quickly. I'm just hoping the carpet fitters who are coming friday don't find her before me.
viraleye Posted - 11/10/2011 : 20:20:22
keep your chin up
Katie.Dublin Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:50:38
Any luck yet?? I had two escape together, found one after 3 weeks and the other after 2 months! Keep the faith!
EmSquem Posted - 09/10/2011 : 17:53:09
I've had 2 escapees, both of which I managed to find within 24 hours. They turned up in the most unexpected places! I would suggest putting flour along doorways so you can see the slither-marks, so you at least know what room he's in . . . they can get almost anywhere, my hatchie managed to get downstairs, the little bugger!
tk72 Posted - 09/10/2011 : 16:23:34
Might be a bit sneaky but wait till everyone in bed then put flour down. Then get up early and hoover it up. And do hope you find Shoezy.
thistle Posted - 06/10/2011 : 01:54:53
Hope she turns up soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000