The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 getting stuck

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nusnakemum Posted - 03/09/2011 : 20:04:39
just noticed Ernest going in his coco shell through the hole at the top, now will he know when he is too big to fit or should i keep an eye and change it if i think he,s likely to get stuck !!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 21/01/2012 : 08:40:54
OMG I cannot believe the size of snake which came out of that tiny hide Thank goodness there was that tiny hole you could see her through or you'd never have even known
Katie.Dublin Posted - 15/01/2012 : 18:31:31
Yep! Scary is defined as sawing blindly and hoping you don't half the size of your snake!
nusnakemum Posted - 15/01/2012 : 13:07:52
oh my word Katie that was scary stuck !!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 15/01/2012 : 11:12:16
Don't take any chances. I did, and i ended up using a hack saw and lots of olive oil to get her out! http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12352&SearchTerms=stuck
jaseargonaut12 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 10:15:08
One of my corns done this and kinda got stuck halfway down the hole, kinda stopped of a couple of seconds then backed up, he has never been back in the hide again
Sta~ple Posted - 15/01/2012 : 09:47:03
I've had to nearly get the grease to rescue Venom. I've had to rescue from tolite tubes, the largest snake cave hole and clothes that I put in for the whole "he'll get used to you scent" stuff. He managed to find some loose fibers and decided to make a hole in them :/

The top holes I just filled with bluetac with coconuts as I worried that babies maybe as stupid as their dad.
Spreebok Posted - 14/01/2012 : 23:17:08
Man, similar one here. When I first got lister, I'd widened the little ircular holes ever so slightly to fit the probe through, and it was a little jagged. Came up one evening to find him, head poking out, very much stuck. Kittens were had, and once he was out (I had to squeeze his head) he had a big dig on his head which took 4 sheds to come out, and he still has a dent there xD;
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2012 : 20:48:55
I had a similar ordeal helping a snake out of a 6mm air hole in a rub. Stupid thing got half way and got stuck.
nickyff Posted - 14/01/2012 : 20:00:20
i had a horrible time wiggling a rubber toddlers stacker-toy (donut shaped) off a snake the other evening- she went through the toybox- idiot me goes " ha ha obstacle course" then- box starts shaking cos she was trying to curl herself ut of it backwards and i think didnt have enough room, but i couldnt see under the other toys- I got her out and had instant kittens- thenhad to hold her still cos she was trying to wriggle out and it looked like it was making it worse it waS truly HORBLE i thought my negligence had caused all sorts of disasters when i finally got the damn thing off her i nearly threw up with the relief.
i don't have a coconut shell hide for the tiddler, but i think the 'better safe thsn sorry' philosophy is a good one
Emmy1 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 19:16:47
My snakes don't realise they have bodies and try and get through teeny spaces. Not the sharpest knife in the draw.
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2012 : 18:56:20
Have to eat it!
NiallP Posted - 14/01/2012 : 14:41:57
I don't know if I'm being stupid but can you buy a coconut and then use it's shell straight away, or do you have to treat it? (sorry if it's a stupid question)
fluffycorn Posted - 06/09/2011 : 18:19:10
:) fluffy is the same, he will try and squeeze through anything
nusnakemum Posted - 06/09/2011 : 18:10:47
thank you all - i think i might just block up the coco hole just in case - i,m not convinced of Ernest's iq level !!!!
Sta~ple Posted - 06/09/2011 : 12:16:36
I blue taced the holes up just incase.
Kehhlyr Posted - 06/09/2011 : 11:45:51
My little king used to do that, until she nearly got stuck. Gmac I had the brilliant idea of sewing 2 buttons together on either side of the hole once she got a little bigger, just in case.
Once the snake was clearly to big, off the buttons came.
Mort13 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 21:48:20
Loki has had one of the coconut shells from being a hatchling and he was always sticking his head through the hole at the top. He's now a large yearling and no longer tries this.
nusnakemum Posted - 05/09/2011 : 20:05:05
....so this has become Ernest's best new game - so have made him holes in his cardboard tube !!!!!
Future Mrs Ruxpin64 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 12:26:16
Ahahahahaha, if I could "like" your comment Spreebok I would! Brilliant description! x
Spreebok Posted - 04/09/2011 : 12:23:25
I crammed some tissue in, just incase. Lister isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000