The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Having trouble with temps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jess_J Posted - 04/07/2011 : 21:24:23
We have a heat mat on the warm end and it is about 28c but we can't get the cool side down, it stays at about 27c. The mat is just less than half the side of the faunarium, is there anyway to make it cooler? It probably doesn't help that the weather is so hot recently!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 04/07/2011 : 23:24:06
Take the battery out of the thermometer and pop it back in, they do freeze from time to time. I'd be sweating my whatnots off in heat like that, I feel your pain, when the sun is round at the window I'd suggest shutting the curtains, not the best for the snakes day/night cycle but might make it more comfortable in that room. Its not too hot for your snake though, its not ideal that there is no cool end but its not an unsafe temperature and if snakey gets too hot it can always get in the water bowl to cool down. (I tried to cook my Boa on top of the Royal viv and she spent a lot of time in the bowl until I moved her).
Jess_J Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:39:14
Well the temp hasn't moved when it is just in my room. Luckily it is cooling down now in the faun, going to have to get a fan to keep my room cooler during these summer months!
Jess_J Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:34:25
Yeah that is a good idea, going to try that now
lotabob Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:27:54
I would be tempted to take one of the thermometers out of the faun for a few minutes and leave it to see what the room temp is, if its as hot as the cold end temp (which it should be if your getting that reading) then there isn't much you can do but move it to somewhere cooler. If the room is cooler then at least you know its your setup thats the problem.
Jess_J Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:20:51
Therm probes are on the floor at either end of the faunarium and there is ventilation going all around it.
We have the windows open in the room he is in but it is boiling in here but we aren't allowed him downstairs. The viv is out of any sunlight so I don't really know what else I can do :(
gingerpony Posted - 04/07/2011 : 21:48:20
where abouts are your thermometers/therm probes?
what ventilation is there in the enclosure?
what ventilation is there in the room the snake is in?
is the viv in direct sublight at any time of the day?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000