The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Update and Flat Pack vivs - set up???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andyj Posted - 03/07/2011 : 22:44:32
Hi all,

I'm afraid I have not been too active on the forums since joining last year as 'real life' has kept me rather busy. I can update that my son's two corns one amel motley (Blaze) and an anery (Shadow) - supplied by TCSF member Mike Richards - are both doing well. They are both strike feeding and shedding regularly. They are now approximately 1 year old (today actually!) and so far only two escape attempts due to carelessness on part of nine year old son - fortunately 'Blaze' was found within 24 hours on each occasion so all was good in the end!

I'm looking for some help. Firstly with regards to Vivexotic Viv's - should I go for the LX or the VX - the LX is deeper and taller but I am drawn to a VX - any views?

Secondly I seem to remember a forum entry on here with a member showing how he fitted out a Vivexotic viv during the construction process using exo-terra rock effect walls and branches and suchlike. It seemed better to make some of the cable holes and other stuff before it was put together. I have searched archived stuff but no joy - can anyone point me in the direction of that post?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andyj Posted - 04/07/2011 : 21:46:27
Thanks for your replies. I got the LX and VX confused and am inclined to go for the LX. It would be great to find the post I'm referring too as it had good tips for fitting out but I guess I can make it up as I go along!

Cheers

Andy
Sta~ple Posted - 03/07/2011 : 22:53:18
The LX is the one that's narrower and not as tall, VX is the deeper and taller one :P I have the 5 LX ones, so I think there good. Since corns don;t need big floor space to turn nor need height I didn't see the point in paying a lot more for the VX ones.

Cable holes for the wall or for the actual viv? The viv comes with ready made cable holes. I remember seeing the post but I wouldn't know what to search for!
Vixyg Posted - 03/07/2011 : 22:52:49
Hiya,

I have vivexotic lx36 model and its really good, im not sure there is much difference in them. As for cable holes you dont need to make any extra holes as there are premade notches along the back top edge for cables, there is one at each end and enough room to run all the cables you need through them. you can either put the cables through before putting the top panel on or, like i did, and just put it all together and take the plug off to put cable through and reattach it on the outside. really easy to put together though and im really pleased with it. All you need to do is seal all the joins with silicone to make it moisture proof.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000