The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Introducing another snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cal664 Posted - 02/07/2011 : 19:13:05
Hi I was after a bit of info I had 2 corns who have lived together for years with no problems but sadly the male died a week or so ago. The female has not exactly been depressed but she has been noticeably less active but is still eating and drinking. I was wondering how likely she would be to react badly to being introduced to another snake ( not straight away as I would get a relatively young snake and wait till it was full sized) I no corns aren't sociable creatures but it just seems as though she is a bit lonely.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 03/07/2011 : 08:58:24
i agree with above ^^
she's probably, finally, got the 'best spot' and is taking full advantage of it!
Cal664 Posted - 02/07/2011 : 23:41:09
Thanks for the advice had a feeling the risks would outweigh the pros just wondered if anyone had done this with positive results. if I do get another I'll just have to sort another set up.
lotabob Posted - 02/07/2011 : 20:53:42
Its more than likely she is now able to relax now ahe is in a preferable situation, your not the first to mention this phenomenon of one of a pair of cohabited snakes dying and the other one becoming calmer, moving around a lot less and been more settled. I'm sorry for your loss of the other snake but the setup is now better for your remaining snake.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/07/2011 : 19:49:26
She's not lonely. She's probably less active and there is more space in the viv now that her moving cage furniture has passed. Theres no need to risk them breeding if you get a male or a wrongly probed female so she can ahve unwanted eggs and possibly become egg bound.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000