The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 going blue so soon?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HERICUS Posted - 02/07/2011 : 17:15:58
Lucy shed her skin exactly 2 weeks ago and looks like she is going into blue again? i only noticed it this morning and wasnt sure if it was just my eyes (heavy night out last night!)

is it normal to shed again so soon after shedding?
also will stuggle to check her again for nxt few days as she has just fed.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HERICUS Posted - 02/07/2011 : 19:08:51
shes apparently 10 month? got her from pets at home, they said she was hatched in sept 2010 but she seemed to be smaller than some of the other snakes that were about 4/5 months younger than her!?
no idea on her weight but shes approx 15" long? her girth is roughly the same size as a 5 pence piece???
feeding her once a week, usually sat or sunday. was taking 3 pinkies, but last week and today she took a fluffy and a pinkie.
she doesnt seem to have any sort of mites or wounds either, had a good look at her yesterday.
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 02/07/2011 : 18:25:05
When I got my snake he had a small mark on his head. He went into shed 17 days after the last shed he had with his previous owner, he then went another 17 days and went into shed again. He went clear 2 days ago so I am expecting him to shed very soon. Hopefuly the remenents of his injury will be gone after this shed.
tordyjo Posted - 02/07/2011 : 17:57:00
they can shed more often if they have mites or a wound as a way of healing themself, i would say 2 weeks is really soon even for a growing snake, although someone with more experience will have a better idea, my 2 little ones shed roughly every 4 weeks (going into blue the 4th week)

How old is she, how often are you feeding etc, how big is she, that will give some idea as too how quick she is growing
Laws Posted - 02/07/2011 : 17:50:03
it means shes growing well , especially as the shed cycle can take 10 to 14 days , so shes running on around a month i would say . 4-8 weeks i think (dont quote me) how often youngesters shed , how old is she ? my kodi has been in shed for the past week , her eyes are clear so im expecting it soon . she sheds just over 4 weeks , but shes putting weight on thick and fast x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000