The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 shedding!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 19/06/2011 : 00:15:44
does there need to be something in the RUB for the snake to help rub on to help shedding!? she's wandering around rubbing against the sides of the plastic box but the sides are smooth. worried she won't be able to start to shed without something rough to rub on.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stuart619 Posted - 21/06/2011 : 12:52:35
It really just seems to be down to the snake on how they choose to shed. One of mine goes round the edges of the viv and sheds fine whilst my other one goes to the very top and then climbs down through the fake plant and leaves it in there.
Mort13 Posted - 21/06/2011 : 09:11:55
Mine are the same too,they have branches etc but press their noses up the sides of the viv to start it off.
lotabob Posted - 21/06/2011 : 00:11:13
Spot has all sorts in his viv but always rubs on the smooth sides to shed, if it needs something rough its not ready to come off.
Spreebok Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:11:19
You can put it in if you want, but they'll probably not use it, it depends on their preferance. Lister likes to scoot up the side of his viv (smooth) to shed! :)
lucifer Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:03:31
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

one of mine once started a shed by rubbing on my hand while I was holding her so definitely nothing rough needed :)

Yup exactly right, Hannah's had the experience of both Liberty and Aura shedding in her hands. Although I've never been poo'd on and I know which I prefer
eeji Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:48:00
one of mine once started a shed by rubbing on my hand while I was holding her so definitely nothing rough needed :)
Ailsa Posted - 19/06/2011 : 15:12:28
my snake has stones to rub on for shedding but she's also got a bark piece, coconut hide, exo hide, loo roll tubes and plastic ivy.
tordyjo Posted - 19/06/2011 : 09:40:50
my little girls shed yesterday all she has is a water bowl - smooth, a toilet roll tube - smooth, her faun - def smooth and kitchen roll which is a little rough, but she managed absolutely fine
gingerpony Posted - 19/06/2011 : 09:12:26
no, they don't need something rough to start shedding........
Serpentor777 Posted - 19/06/2011 : 04:24:27
It would be a good idea to put in something rough like one of those tree bark hides.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000