The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 how did marge escape?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
glynjones Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:00:57
Hi all

marge is 1 m long and 240g and about 40 mm round in the middle, it took her the grand total of 48 hours to escape the new 3 ft viv i bought for her.
The only hole is the gap between the glass plates at the front and the distance between them is only 4 mm????
I remember a post from a while ago about ways of plugging the gap between the glass, but i cant find it....... any ideas?

ps we found her coming down the stairs yesterday evening, i have no idea where she had been for 2 days as we searched high and low but no sign of her.

Thanks all

Glyn
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tarotpodge Posted - 18/06/2011 : 20:51:31
another case of the teleporting snake.....ooo err..
Sta~ple Posted - 18/06/2011 : 11:25:54
Through the glass maybe. Snakes are kinda like rats, their heads squash down very flat and where ever their heads goes, their body can and will follow and squash.
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/06/2011 : 00:19:33
Yup, corns can get through some tiny gaps.
ptmbradley Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:53:58
Gp posted on one of my threads recently that one of her heavily gravid adults squeezed through that tiny gap between the glass!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:14:35
Linky: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6641

And vid that addresses the entire taking the cardboard in/out and risk of snake pushing it out bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dthmW1na07E

tordyjo Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:05:00
pleased he's back where he belongs
glynjones Posted - 17/06/2011 : 20:01:02
Hi all
This is what i can't understand, all the doors where shut and locked, the glass was in the correct position, as i had locked it.
I have inspected every inch of the viv for other exits, and there are none and at no point where the doors left open with out me there with my arm in then viv fiddleing with decor on the inside..... but she still got out.
she is now back in the viv and there is a section of folded cardboard jammed between the glass.
My kids think she is magic, and i am starting to agree.

Glyn
Jayde Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:50:50
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

quote:
Originally posted by Jayde

You had a viv with no rubber viv stop or lock ?!?!?!?!

You're crazy!!!!

Lol

She probably just kept nudging the glass or dislodged it when climbing up the glass, once there's even a small there's no stopping them, nose nudging goes onto make and they just squeeze through!!

Would seriously recommend a viv lock. They are £3-5 in reptile stores.

Glad you found her though

quote:

yep 100% the doors where shut and i had already fitted a viv lock,

This was immediately edited as I read the reply.
That is the problem with forums.. replies take time.
Figs Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:48:41
quote:
Originally posted by Jayde

You had a viv with no rubber viv stop or lock ?!?!?!?!

You're crazy!!!!

Lol

She probably just kept nudging the glass or dislodged it when climbing up the glass, once there's even a small there's no stopping them, nose nudging goes onto make and they just squeeze through!!

Would seriously recommend a viv lock. They are £3-5 in reptile stores.

quote:

yep 100% the doors where shut and i had already fitted a viv lock,
Jayde Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:46:36
Edited because I was too damn slow with my reply!! LOL

I've never heard of or had any of my snakes out smarting a viv lock. Was it fixed on / locked properly? Sounds stupid but something so simple could have just been the problem.

glynjones Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:43:49
Hi Tordyjo

yep 100% the doors where shut and i had already fitted a viv lock, am of to cut up the kids coco pops packet now....

Thanks for your help
tordyjo Posted - 17/06/2011 : 19:11:55
you're definately sure the doors were shut, i'm paranoid about something like that happening, i've fitted a viv lock just to be sure plus it stops my 10 yr old from getting in, i fill the gap with folded cardboard, a folded cereal box works well

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000