The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 07:57:38
Now, John is 8 months old and was a non feeder. I have had him since march and although he has always fed for me he is not really putting on weight. I was feeding every 5 days with 1 pinky then we moved to 2 pinkies every 7 days. I have tried to get him on to fuzzies but he is not interested in them, he has eaten the odd one here and there with legs removed but usually refuses them so I give him 2 pinkies. The problem is I can't see him gaining weight while eating pinkies. And if he doesn't gain weight and grow he is not going to except fuzzies. Would moving him to 2 pinkies every 5 days help with weight gain or is this going to be to much? He seems active and is pooing fine though I am not sure of his eye sight as previously posted.
Not had this problem before all my others have happily moved from pinks to fuuzzies
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 12:22:11
Try a pinkie followed by a (small) fuzzie if all else fails.
Red123 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 10:46:01
I have tried that during the day and left it over night but he is still not interested. I did wonder whether the smell or feel of a fuzzy feels threatening to him, especially if he does have eye sight probelms, and the smell or feel of a pinkie is no threat what so ever.
Could I do double pinkies every 4 days? I know this is alot but at least he would be getting almost double amount of food in a week. Two pinkies together only way 3g, so it would be like the equivalent weight wise to a large fuzzy.
Mort13 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 10:03:27
Have you tried leaving him in a tub with a fuzzy somewhere quiet and dark for a while?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000