The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Not shed yet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 09/06/2011 : 13:12:05
Probably worring a bit too much here.

I got little Dakota on 9th April at 12 weeks old. She's now 5 months old, feeding well, pooing, drinking and generally doing well however, she has not shed for me yet.

A week ago on Tues I did notice her colour was slightly blue but that was it and her colour clear, not dulling of the eye caps or her going really blue nor has she been in her water bowl, well not that I've seen. She's currently on 2 pinkies per feed and her temps are 28.5/29.5*C warm end and cool end is just room temp.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 10/06/2011 : 11:40:27
Lister shed yesterday, and his last shed was on the 15th of march! Some snakes just don't shed too often, others love to do it haha!
Mort13 Posted - 10/06/2011 : 09:52:23
Its nowt to worry about. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a nice shiny snake soon.
Mamma Posted - 09/06/2011 : 13:36:51
if she has shed fine before then there shouldnt be any probs when she next sheds :) Just keep an eye on her xxx
Ailsa Posted - 09/06/2011 : 13:21:34
I may have missed that Louise your right and she shed perfectly on 6th April, an intact shed with eye caps and tail tip.
Mamma Posted - 09/06/2011 : 13:17:13
I have read that sometimes it takes some corns 8 days + after the blue period to shed. Im sure she will shed in her own time Do you have shedding records from the reptile shop? xxx
Invalid User Posted - 09/06/2011 : 13:17:04
You may well have missed her eyes clouding over.

Just wait. It's not like shed can refuse to shed. She will do it when ready and this can be quite a few days after they look normal again.

Have a look at my thread...

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15501

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000