The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Changing Viv's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Els Posted - 08/06/2011 : 13:02:07
Thanks for all the help so far folks. As some of ou know Reggie moved in with me on Sunday. I have manged to sort the temperature out for him. His current home is too small for him and not in good condition, however at the moment he seems a little uhappy and spends most of his time under his water bowl rather then in his hide. I have taken advice and placed on of my socks in wih him (after carrying it around) which he seems to have moved around a little So far I have only been changing his water. I have no idea how old he is (got hm off my sister as was neglected and unwanted and she had no interest). I think he could be about 2 years old, he looks to be just over a couple of feet long. I am told he eats one medium pinkie per week. I am getting a new viv so that he has something more suitable to his size, however how long should I wait to move him into it? Should I leave him 7 days in my place getting used to me or do you think I should do it sooner rather than later? When I do this it means I can also give him an extra (and slightly bigger) hide as well which I think would be ebtter than his water bowl. And should I change his substrate at the same time - he's currently got beech chippings. Would that be too much stress for him?

***moved from Intros to General Keeping by GP***
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 08/06/2011 : 13:09:24
i'd personally set him settle in for a week, then up his food intake considerably, then think about moving him into a new viv in a month or 2, leaving him to settle in for a week again

i'd just spot-clean the viv as necessary and top up the substrate if you take a lot out

his hides should be a snug fit rather than spacious

having re-read your OP though, if you have the new viv ready to go i'd move him straight into it asap

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000