The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 running multiple vivs off one matstat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyB Posted - 08/06/2011 : 10:54:13
I was told that you could run 2 viv/rub setups off one matstat, but how would this work as there is only one probe?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 08/06/2011 : 13:13:02
we run several mats through 1 stat

it's important to either switch both mats on from cold, or plug the extra mat(s) into the stat when they're at running temp or they'll never even out and read anything like the same
FiestaSTLou Posted - 08/06/2011 : 11:58:32
I run both my corn set ups off 1 large heat mat and 1 thermostat, what i do is have the probe from the thermostat in the larger rub, but also have digit thermometers in both the setups so i can moniter the exact temperature and i have never had a problem, both display almost the same temps. :) And as Louise stated would only advice doing it on snakes that require the same temps, like 2 corns on 1 mat or 2 royals or 1 mat, dont mix and match lol.
Invalid User Posted - 08/06/2011 : 11:38:38
Put the probe on one mat and when that one gets to the correct temp the thermostat will turn off all mats connected to it. If the mats are simlar size and wattage they should keep around the same temp.

Monitor the temps of each viv/tub with digital thermometers.

Edit: remeber to not go above the max wattage for each stat and remember it will run all mats at roughly the same temp so would only be good for snakes that require the same warm end temps. Royals, boas etc need a higher temp so would need a seperate stat.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000