The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I NEED a second snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyB Posted - 07/06/2011 : 08:23:12
Rio has been getting ready to shed since Thursday so I haven't handled him since then.... when he sheds he will be fed and I still won't be able to handle him :(

I'm getting serious snake withdrawl and can't believe how hard it is to leave him alone - i need another snake!!!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 07/06/2011 : 23:57:57
definate new member of the addicted snake club ! i had first one in april and now have three too . i would get my fourth tomorro if i could. the other half said no more after one and i got my way but the boa has to wait till after our holidays . but she said its the last (heard that before :P) then she said there will be a time when no means no (hahaha!) x
gmac Posted - 07/06/2011 : 20:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by kabigat

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need another snake but she just keeps on saying something about a new kitchen.

must be where she wants to keep the new snakes then
kabigat Posted - 07/06/2011 : 20:23:08
I'm trying to convince my wife that I need another snake but she just keeps on saying something about a new kitchen.
eeji Posted - 07/06/2011 : 20:11:57
oh-ohhh another one for 'snakes anonymous' meetings :D
Spreebok Posted - 07/06/2011 : 12:29:55
I've got Listr in Feb, I now have 3! However, Rimmer is living with my friend at the moment, as my parents said I was only allowed 2 :p My plan is to bring them around to having him back slowly haha!
Mort13 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 12:11:11
To be honest I wouldn't take the risk of upsetting him,far better to get another!
The only problem is that you'll think 2 is enough,then after a couple of months (or in Louises case,days) you'll be yearning for another.
FiestaSTLou Posted - 07/06/2011 : 11:42:47
If you have only had him 2 weeks, hes prob still getting used to surroundings and smells hence the skittishness :) Im sure he will be fine after his shed, i tend to leave mine be when in shed, but its down to personal preference, and i knnow what u mean about wanting more, every show i go to i saw NO MORE and walk out with something... haha!
LucyB Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:33:53
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

quote:
Originally posted by LucyB

I handled him on Thursday when his eyes were cloudy and he wasn't nearly as relaxed as usual so I decided to leave him to it thinking it wouldn't be long till he shed, but I feel like I have been waiting forever now!!!

What a shame he's not too happy about being handled, sounds like a definite case of need another snake!!!!!

It maybe that when he is more settled (I have only had him 2 weeks!) he will be better to handle when he is about to shed, but with him being a bit more skittish than usual on Thursday I don't want to push my luck and upset him!
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:26:52
quote:
Originally posted by LucyB

I handled him on Thursday when his eyes were cloudy and he wasn't nearly as relaxed as usual so I decided to leave him to it thinking it wouldn't be long till he shed, but I feel like I have been waiting forever now!!!

What a shame he's not too happy about being handled, sounds like a definite case of need another snake!!!!!
LucyB Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:18:43
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:07:52
Ha, ha. I know the feeling, although for some reason mine all seem to want to shed around the same time. Apart from one they're all quite happy to be handled while in shed. Have you tried holding your's even while he's blue? There's no rule to say you mustn't.
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 08:47:44
I have 21 and still hardly handle them!
vllb Posted - 07/06/2011 : 08:37:16
Yes but as I've found, you can't just stop at two. We only got our first one in Feb and already are up to 4 and a wish list of colours and morphs that we want

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000