The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Should I feed before shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyB Posted - 06/06/2011 : 12:27:02
Hi,
I have had Rio for 2 weeks today and Monday is the day he should be fed. On friday his eyes were very cloudy and over the weekend he has been very inactive. His eyes are now clear, but no sign of any shed and he is still very inactive so i'm thinking he is about to shed??
I'm new to snakes but was thinking of maybe delaying feeding day until he has shed? Would this be the best thing to do? Or should I offer him some food anyway?
Thanks for any replies x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 07/06/2011 : 11:53:36
lol some snakes take some dont, we offer all of ours food when they are in shed, half of them will take it no probs, they others aint interested, just down to the individual snakey :)
kabigat Posted - 06/06/2011 : 20:55:07
I offered food to my snake yesterday while he is blue and his eyes are cloudy and the greedy sod wolfed it down once he got the scent.
herriotfan Posted - 06/06/2011 : 20:32:37
Like the other members have said, it's up to you. Some snakes will feed regardless of shedding and others won't. You could always offer him his meal and see if he wants it. It won't hurt him to miss a meal if he doesn't eat, just offer it to him again in a weeks time on his normal feeding day.
If his eyes have cleared and he looks 'normal' again he won't be very long before he sheds. Then he'll look all fresh and have lovely bright colours!
snowstripe420 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 20:05:56
Otis always feeds during shed. So i just continue with my scedule
gingerpony Posted - 06/06/2011 : 13:10:05
it's down to you if you offer a feed and down to the snake if it eats or leaves it
Invalid User Posted - 06/06/2011 : 13:00:00
It's up to you. Some will feed some wont. I offer all mine a feed wether they are due to shed or not but some people wait till after their snakes have shed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000