The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 temp.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 10:51:33
if i set my thermostat to 29 degrees for the hot end should my digital thermometer read 29 degrees after a while of waiting? i've just set it up now and i'm not quite sure whats supposed to happen, at the moment my temperature reading is 33.3 degrees at the hot end of my vivarium. hoping this thermostat will get it down to 29 degrees. thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jackk94 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 11:41:50
i know! its absolutely boiling and yeah it always drops to 21 at night :) been monitoring it before i get her tomorrow.
SexyBear77 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 11:40:22
Hmmm, its acceptable for the daytime just as long as it does drop back down. It's absolutely baking where I am atm, my cool ends are at about 24c, despite having the windows open.
Jackk94 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 11:22:19
i'm having so much trouble with the temperature! i've got the warm end sorted. its the cool end thats too warm now :| it goes down to 19 at night but its 25 on warm days and 21 on cooler days. is 25 too warm for the cold end because it wont go any lower :(
SexyBear77 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 11:17:27
Tbh the dials on thermostats are more like a starting point from which to work toward the correct temp- they will very often require adjustment to gets temps stable and correct. Turn the stat down and see what happens.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000