The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 2nd snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spindle Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:01:01
Hi guys, Ive had my corn for a month now, shes about a year and a half old and I adore her (even though she bit me last week). I have now got the bug and want to get myslef a hatchling so I can watch it grow as well. I have no plans to house the snakes together or to atttempt breeding them. I was just wondering if anybody has had any problems keeping 2 snakes at home. I am just worried that one might smell the other and get stressed for example.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tarotpodge Posted - 02/06/2011 : 20:11:51
i am also toying with getting a 2nd snake. but am having trouble deciding on whether to get a corn or a royal. Also thinking i may rescue one. there are so many un wanted snakes out there, that need some tlc.
Spindle Posted - 01/06/2011 : 18:43:37
Thanks guys. Im definitely going to get a 2nd one now. I already have Eva so prepare to say hello to WALL E in a couple of weeks
Laws Posted - 01/06/2011 : 01:44:59
i have my three in the living room , the male and female corn next to each other in their fauns and dont have any problems :)
Only1Nitro Posted - 01/06/2011 : 01:08:39
i have 3 in one room at the moment and hopefully getting some new editions by the end of the week they are fine, i would get some alcohol pump hand sanitizer stuff between handling also to prevent the spread of nasties.
eeji Posted - 01/06/2011 : 00:05:23
we've got 30 snakes of various species in the bedroom with no troubles :)
vetdebbie Posted - 31/05/2011 : 21:13:35
we have A LOT more than 20 in the garage, and 36 in quarantine in the dining room at the moment. They seem quite happy!
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:18:36
quote:
Originally posted by Spindle

Thanks guys
@sexybear: 20 in one room. Ive had trouble finding a space in my flat just for 1 viv

All mine live in my bedroom. I have been able to carry out quarantine procedures in my spare room. I have 7 vivs (1 partitioned) and 13 tubs/RUB's in a rack, so can save space there.
Invalid User Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:16:47
Only thing I find is the older males do get a bit active this time of year as they know the females are right next to them on the rack.

Just remember if you get another snake that ideally they should be quarentined for a while to avoid pasing on any unknown nasties. Some recommend you put them in a different room (not been possible in my case).

Lots of people on the forum own multiple snakes and I don't think any have had problems :D
Spindle Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:15:43
Thanks guys
@sexybear: 20 in one room. Ive had trouble finding a space in my flat just for 1 viv
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:13:21
I have 20 in one room- no problems whatsoever. All live separately of course.
ptmbradley Posted - 31/05/2011 : 17:10:33
I have 4 and 2 share a partitioned viv with no problems at all. Louise has 20 odd but I don't think she has trouble either. Am sure she'll be along shortly with an answer.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000