The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Locks for viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carson1915 Posted - 30/05/2011 : 02:14:42
Where does everyone get their Locks for their vivs? I found some while working but their too wide at the bit that goes on.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Only1Nitro Posted - 30/05/2011 : 19:21:21
EBAY!!!!!
reptiledanny Posted - 30/05/2011 : 19:01:11
surrey supplies does a bag of 6 for £2.50 or around that
Alyson19802 Posted - 30/05/2011 : 18:58:51
where can you get the rubber wedges
reptiledanny Posted - 30/05/2011 : 17:49:23
i use rubber wedges. they are easy to get on and off, and as long as you make sure both doors are pushed up against the wood, and that the rubber wedge is wedged in there is no chance of an escapee as it is idiot proof (may have forgotton once or twice to remove the wedge) and is brilliant for stopping drunk friends
HannahB Posted - 30/05/2011 : 16:42:13
i like the rubber wedges - ideally I'd use the metal ones but I had a real nightmare fixing them to my royals vivs that I wasn't keep on doing it again for another 6vivs..
lotabob Posted - 30/05/2011 : 13:38:34
Yeah they do mark the glass and can be fiddly. I still prefer them though, you get into a routine of locking up and less chance of an escapee. I use these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ProRep-Reptile-Vivarium-Lock-100mm-Key-Different-/250825424960?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item3a665c4040 they are a tight fit but not impossible.
Spreebok Posted - 30/05/2011 : 12:26:12
I love rubber wedges <3 I found the metal lock to be awful, it scratched the glass and it took a lot of effort to get the doors open!
kdlang Posted - 30/05/2011 : 07:13:25
most of mine either came with vivs that i got second hand but i did once buy one from 888 reptiles. I found on mine it was the part where it kinked on the long part that made it not fit between the glass doors. Is that where you are having the problem? I just used some pliers to straighten it out a bit and eventually it fit through. It was a pain in the rear tho.

I just use rubbber wedges on most of my vivs as they are quicker but I haven't got young children that I have to worry about opening vivs. You also have to make sure the doors don't open a little bit as you push them in.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000