The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Should i feed whilst in blue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tic_Tac Posted - 28/05/2011 : 13:54:36
Hi everyone,

I think Tic Tac is going to shed for the first time with me.
His colour has gone very pale and he`s very inactive. I've left him alone only going in his faun to change the water but today is his feed day and I always take him out of his Faun and put him in another container to feed him, Will this stress him out too much? ... Should I do this? Or Maybe offer his food inside his Faun (I'm not keen on this idea incase he swallows some of the substrate) Or wait until he has shed before feeding him?

Thanks
Catherine x
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 29/05/2011 : 20:13:36
I don't feed Barnaby when he's in blue. He doesn't move from his hide during this time and really dislikes being handled so I leave him in peace, I don't feed him in his tank so would need to lift him out to feed him. However the minute he finishes shedding he is looking for his dinner.
tordyjo Posted - 29/05/2011 : 19:28:40
harry still eats whilst in blue and whenever his feeds due after shedding, typical bloke thinking about his stomach, not sure about lilly as she hasn't shed with us yet
tarotpodge Posted - 29/05/2011 : 19:08:23
Mine has never eaten in blue. Never would and wont eat till 7 days after a shed. Think it is entirely down to the snake. After a while you will get to know your snakes ways.
Ruby Rose Posted - 29/05/2011 : 14:08:29
I offer my snakes a feed no matter if they are in blue or not, if they accept the feed fine, if it is refused they go hungry until next feed, simples
Alyson19802 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 23:50:47
Now knowing Bailey wont feed when she is in blue but as above all snakes are different maybe worth trying
gingerpony Posted - 28/05/2011 : 22:50:05
it's really up to you if you offer a feed and ultimately down to your snake whether he eats or not

most of mine i'll not feed if they're in blue as i feel it's more natural as they wouldn't feed in the wild when they're in blue, they just hole up somewhere safe, but any individuals i'm wanting to feed up i'll usually offer a normal-size feed
eeji Posted - 28/05/2011 : 18:39:02
time will tell, once you get to know his habits you will know whether to feed him or not :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 14:10:23
I also offer whilst in blue, 9 times out of 10 they will feed. No harm in offering at all.
Invalid User Posted - 28/05/2011 : 13:56:48
It's up to you really. Missing a feed wont hurt and you can feed him after he sheds.

I still offer mine a feed while in shed as I feed them all in the tubs they live in so no stress involved.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000