The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 any reliable frozen food sites?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danny919 Posted - 27/05/2011 : 11:38:54
So ive been buying pinkies from my corner shop for 40p each. I though i would look on the net because i was sure i could get them cheaper, well i have been looking and ive found a site which can sell 10 to me for £2.79
The only thing is i dont want to buy cheap food that is of a low quality, any one now any online frozen food sites for uk delivery?

thanks danny :):)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

numpty yourself , the reptile shop is 20 miles away, pets at home is only 10 min along the road, try reading my post mike i said pets at home are closest without driving 20 miles. you have a zoo, i have 1 snake i don't need 100 pinkies, a dozen at a time does me just over a month!! And i don't appreciate being called a numpty either MIKE.

ahhh its not too bad when theres only one mouth to feed, I know with A&N they recommend you order the equivalent bulk of 200 mediums (thats a LOT of pinkies!) for it to stay frozen in transit
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:30:57
now now.
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:29:18
numpty yourself , the reptile shop is 20 miles away, pets at home is only 10 min along the road, try reading my post mike i said pets at home are closest without driving 20 miles. you have a zoo, i have 1 snake i don't need 100 pinkies, a dozen at a time does me just over a month and i don't think the quality is bad, i would not buy from them if it was!! And i don't appreciate being called a numpty either MIKE.
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:19:50
quote:

ach 26p, 35p, aint a whole hell of a lot of difference, for the sake of 9p pets at home aint that bad.

numpty, its not 9p at all its £9 per 100, thats enough of a difference for me, pets at home are that bad, the quality compared to tsm isnt even comparable.

its fine though, you get in the car, drive to pets at home, which costs you, pay more for something you dont need to, then drive back again.
if its a 20 mile round trip, you can add almost a fiver to that cost, so those pinkies didnt cost you 4 quid, they cost you 9 quid.
ptmbradley Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:00:58
Cool I just discovered TSM are in Thanet, which is just a trip down the M2/A2 for me. When I get my spotted python and up the food for a couple of corns, plus the OH's snake too, I'll need fuzzies for 5 snakes. Will def be worth my while taking a trip down to collect a bulk pack.

Thanks for that link, you just saved me a chunk of cash! lol
gingerpony Posted - 27/05/2011 : 20:19:40
if there's any forum members or other reptile keepers you know that live nearby it might be worth putting a bulk order in, if you order enough from TSM you get FREE delivery (depending on location) that's what several of us do
Invalid User Posted - 27/05/2011 : 20:14:05
True when it's only one snakes but makes a lot of difference when you have quite a few!!
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 20:01:09
ach 26p, 35p, aint a whole hell of a lot of difference, for the sake of 9p pets at home aint that bad.
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 18:55:33
i dont think tsm deliver to scotland anyway, but its 26 quid for 100 pinkies delivered making them 26p each, as opposed to the 35p each you are paying.
thats TSM, i always use them, their food is the best i have seen.

http://www.tsmreptiles.co.uk/index.html
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 18:16:15
Eeji they are the closest place to me without driving 20 odd miles
eeji Posted - 27/05/2011 : 18:03:11
quote:

I paid £4.20 for a dozen pinkies from pets at home, maybe buying online would be better but having only 1 snake at the moment would I still save money, worth investivating those sites and others to find somewhere localish

Invalid User Posted - 27/05/2011 : 12:40:45
I buy any mice I need from my local pet shop (I breed my own so don't need many) but they are quite pricey, however after looking at their prices then comparing them with TSM including the £9.99 delivery I would need to pay, there isn't really much difference.

My boas are moving up to rats and I found out today that they do sell rats (got a few today, looked great quality) but again they are quite pricey. They did tell me they would be happy to order in bulk for me and only charge me the price they pay so thought that was quite good.

Gonna now see if it still works out as cheap to still buy from them or do the bulk buy online. I only have 4 boas on rats so don't really need a huge stock pile in the freezer and the pet shop is only a 10 min walk so I may well just stick with them.
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 11:54:58
I paid £4.20 for a dozen pinkies from pets at home, maybe buying online would be better but having only 1 snake at the moment would I still save money, worth investivating those sites and others to find somewhere localish
gingerpony Posted - 27/05/2011 : 11:48:48
TSM and A&N are good

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000