The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 A few questions re:setup

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyB Posted - 24/05/2011 : 08:15:53
Hi there,

I have a few questions about the setup for my new cornsnake. I collected him yesterday with the set up he was sold with. Its a 2ft x 18'' viv (he is 3 years old). The heat source in the set up is a 60watt basking bulb with an on/off thermostat. At the moment the light is going on and off every 5 minutes and it's driving me mad. I'm pressuming it can't be terribly nice for Leo either?!

From all the research I have done a heat matt linked to the current thermostat seems like a better option, with maybe a low wattage bulb placed over it during the day for lighting. Does this sound better?

My plan is to convert an old chest of drawers in the next few months into a new viv for him, which works out at about 33'' x 24''. Would this be big enough for a fully grown adult? Also, the chest of drawers is made from pine so what would be the best way of sealing the entire inside of the new vivarium? All the info I have found on this has been a little vague!

Many thanks for reading this..... I want to make sure that I get everything right, and as wonderful a tool as Google is sometime the info is more confusing than informative!!!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 09:24:42
yes the heat mat would b better and then u wouldnt need a bulb at all. also 33 x 24 is fine for an adult corn :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000