The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 cornsnakes pooing on your bed..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:07:54
Yes this is a serious topic lol

So quite a while ago, we got our oldest corn out on the bed and she took a massive poo and peed all over it so we had to bin the duvet, we thought this was her needing to go.. but she has done this again on the grass when we took her outside.. so yeah like i said i thought it was something she just does, so now we dont put her on the bed at all incase..
So earlier we got our smallest corn out philip and as usual i let him have a stretch on the bed and about 10 minutes after i handed him to mike to put away i got up and realised he had pooed and weed all over my foot.. so i wasnt to bothered about the foot but it was all over the covers and had seeped thru to the expensive duck feather duvet luckily hes still small and the wet patch wasnt to much but got help the dry cleaning bill!

So now back to my initial question lol Do corns have a tendency to poo on covers? i know sometimes they like to put theirs bums in water and this makes them need the loo, but is there something about the cotton material that also makes them go?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rake Posted - 23/05/2011 : 16:17:57
thought it was just my corn that does this lol everytime i have him out at night and hes on my bed he poos, it can be 4 or 5 days after hes feed and he will still poo on my bed...but he never does it in his faun or when hes on my hands or on me been same since got him only ever poos on my bed its like he holds it till then
Ailsa Posted - 23/05/2011 : 00:06:31
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

I'd recommend getting a thick, cheap throw (or a big, thick towel)and popping it over your bed before handling them on it ;)

As said get yourself a thick cheap throw or a big thick towel to spread over your bed before handling. Will save your covers and duvet from getting soiled.
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:56:50
quote:
Originally posted by Louise2778

Bob, can you tell mine that they don't like to poo in their hides please!

Last few days nearly every single snake has left a steaming pile inside their hide!!

I thought corn snakes knew better. My Royal urates in his hide and of the 2 dumps he has dumped one has been in his hide but my corn always goes in the corner of the cold side.
cattNmo Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:51:43
Mo poo's on my hubs every time he handles him. The number of times hes pooed on me a countable to one hand and I handle him everyday (bar the 2 days after a fed). My other half handles him once/twice a week and every time he poos. It does not matter if I handle him first for 5 mins or half and hour (or don't handle him at all). It very funny really, LOL
Spreebok Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:28:12
I'd recommend getting a thick, cheap throw (or a big, thick towel)and popping it over your bed before handling them on it ;)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:20:13
Louise ours have done the same!! sydney did a steaming one in her hide earlier and cecil the royal did make me chuckle the other day, he hardly ever comes out during the day, but i get home about 5pm and hes dancing about all active, so i say to mike i bet hes pooed in his hide! mikes like why do u say that? i turned to him and was like well would u wanna lay next to ur own poo and that smell also! (cecil poo is mean) and low and behold, he had pooed in his hide haha!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:18:04
aww i see that makes more sence! lol! i never thougt of it like that, just that it was a coinsidence it always happens on the bed lol thank u :D
sydney doesnt really get handled until i know shes pooed (her poo is evil!!), or i pick up the signs now as she pokes her tail striaght up in the air like a dart just before shes about to do it ;) cheeky git haha! this is the first time with philip, im gna be more aware now haha. thanks again :)
Invalid User Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:15:43
Bob, can you tell mine that they don't like to poo in their hides please!

Last few days nearly every single snake has left a steaming pile inside their hide!!
gmac Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:11:38
will be the motion / movement of the snake that makes them go, not what type of covers you use.
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:11:28
Your handling and your body warmth massages it out of them. They can hold it in while they are hiding, they wouldn't want to poo where they are hiding, you dig them out and it does give them the perfect opportunity. The trick is to wait until after they have pooped to handle them and to NOT put them on a bed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000