The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kopite_di Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:02:35
I have seen some posts and replies about putting young corns in vivs, I have just put Cilla a 5 month old corn in a 2ft viv , sealed all the possible holes and escapes but worried she could get out of doors now that some peeps have said they caught theirs eacaping, the gap is roughly the width of a folded greetings card, could she get out ? and could I put her back in faun but keep faun in viv? also where would I put the thermometer probe inside viv or inside faun ? the heatmat is stuck to viv floor with sealant ? Thanks all, they say snakes are easy to care for I'm totally confused as what to do :/
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kopite_di Posted - 23/05/2011 : 01:27:44
Thank you so both probes are in the faun ? Some say the stat probe should be on the stat itself .. I would be more worried about my daughters gerbils being snake food ;) , I have 2 dogs and an African grey too but they all tolerate 1 another wouldn't leave them alone though ...
rubberbiscuit Posted - 23/05/2011 : 00:59:50
My 9mth old is in a faunarium, which sits inside a 2ft viv (with doors left off) just to protect him from my cats. My mat is in the viv with the faun sat on top. Thermometer probe goes in a hole in the top and I made a hole in the side of the lid for the stat probe. They then sit in the warm hide on top of where the heat mat is.
(Im probably going to take ages to move him up to the viv properly coz Im so worried he will escape and become a cat snack!)
Spreebok Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:29:27
Pop her back in the faun, a 2 foot viv is too large for a young corn. My Lister is in a 2foot viv, and he's 10 months, but he's like a corn on steroids, 30" and 90g lol!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000