The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding and other stuff!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amypope Posted - 21/05/2011 : 22:45:59
Hi all,

So Sonnie has been with me for 10 days, I have fed his twice in this time, both times he has taken 2 pinkies... My question is, how do I know if he has had enough... how do I know if i need to offer more?? and when do I need to move on to bigger mice?

Also, Not sure if its just me being stupid, but I haven't seen any signs of poo yet... will I notice it?

He doesn't seem that active in his tank either... is this normal? I kind of assumed he would be quite a bit more active than he is... I have handled him loads, and when he is out he is fast, and seems happy, but as soon as he is back in he goes off to his house and usually stays there.

umm... think thats it for now!!

Amy
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubberbiscuit Posted - 23/05/2011 : 01:07:23
Ive had Kiora a month now and have only seen him moving about on his own 3 times!!
Snakes just dont greet you with a waggy tail and want to come out and play do they??LOL
Ailsa Posted - 22/05/2011 : 12:01:40
I got my hatchling on 9th April (a saturday) and i left her till the tues before handling and I fed her on the wed after I got her.

When I first got her she did try to eat my little pinkie finger, think she was just hungry lol, she was on 1 pinkie when I got her and now she is greedily eating 2 pinkies per feed and they leave a nice pinkie bump in her tummy.

I am just handling her little and often as she's still settling in and getting used to everything around her. She's a wee bit flighty when I first get her out but she quickly calms down and I've had no biting, tail rattling, hissing or musking.

As for poo, to be honest I've not yet noticed a very strong smell, I can only smell it when I replace dirty bits of kitchen roll in her faun. She's not pood when I've been around lol
Invalid User Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:58:44
If you have only had him 10 days and fed him twice in that time I'm not sure how you have managed to handle him loads. Ideally they should have a week to settle in before you handle or feed them plus you need to wait 48hrs after a feed before you handle.

Corns do like to hide away alot and you wont see much of him until he is used to his surroundings. They tend to be inactive during the day and are most likely to come out in the evenings.

If your setup is fine and temps are good then don't worry if you don't see him.

Don't over do it to start with, just handle him a little each time and build up the time and he will soon get used to you.
Mamma Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:39:43
if your snake doesnt have a noticeable bump after taking a feed then it is time to start thinking about upping the feed.
Alyson19802 Posted - 21/05/2011 : 23:06:42
Bailey was really quiet for the first 2 weeks I had her hid all the time
But she would come out at night when we had gone to bed I managed to sneak a peek one night so wouldn't worry too much
And as for the pooh you will smell it, its a bit like cat poo smell wise but Bailey's was black and sticky sorry for being so descriptive lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000