The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 cud bang my head against a wall...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 21/05/2011 : 02:37:16

agh , lol ! basically we have had kai since the 2nd of april , he fed for us three times , strike and constrict on 2 pinks . the 4th time we fed him was the night he shed . he didnt strike and was abit slower about feeding , however one of the pinks was abit bigger which sadly caused him to regurge . we followed the sticky and left him alone , 12 days later we tried to feed one of the tinyest pinks ive ever seen , just one and he refused . same on the next try , 7 days later tired again and to our suprise and relief it went . 7 days later 1 small pink offered , and again refused . left it again and tried tonite , he showed no interest , no tongue flicking or anythin . we will leave it in over nite in a covered faun .

hes in a medium flat faun , heated to 28.5 by a heatmat , 2 hides , water bowl etc . hes a supposedly cb10 may sometime . for a yearling he is so so tiny . skinny but long . wen we had him he weighed 22grams and , weighed him the other day and he hasnt lost any weight still at 22 grams .

can we do anythin ? his set up is exactly the same as our female corns , and shes younger than him but is putting weight on so well , she was 24 grams wen we got her the 31/03/11 , as of the other day shes 36 grams and long . they share the same statted heat mat :(

streeessss! lol . im not totally worried as he hasnt lost weight , however hes tiny . it seems that he has had this problem before as looking at his record he was on 2 pinks then all of sudden bac to 1 and then up to 2 again :/ any ideas?

sorry such a long post x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 21/05/2011 : 16:31:02
Good news on the feed. Feeding him smaller than what you would normally feed is no bad thing, you could move feeding days a little bit closer together once you get him feeding consistently. It may be that his stomach is on the small side, we are always saying snakes are all different, I suppose this goes for their insides too. You've a good idea of what he can handle now without regurge in comparison to his body size so try sticking to that and scrap the 1.5 times rule. He may not grow as quickly or as big as the other one but he'll be healthy and happy.
animalcrazy Posted - 21/05/2011 : 16:20:20
So glad he has eaten for you, pets can ewory you at times can't they!
Ailsa Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:26:19
No Mamma I am not stalking Louise, sheer coincidence is all lol
Invalid User Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:22:36
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

ailsa... you stalkin lou today? LMAO your posts are all constantly under lou's!

LOL I had noticed that
Mamma Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:19:48
ailsa... you stalkin lou today? LMAO your posts are all constantly under lou's!

Im glad snake took the pinkie. Hopefully snake will start feeding properly for you xxx Hopefully someone with more experience can help you out with this xx
Ailsa Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:10:33
i may be wrong but i would keep him on 1 pinkie until he's back to feeding well and then gradually offer 2 pinkies and then you can think about upping the food size but only if he's of an appropriate size for bigger food.
Invalid User Posted - 21/05/2011 : 13:09:42
I'm not sure, maybe he's just not ready for a larger meal yet.
Laws Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:44:09
my question now is how are we gonna up food up for him? we will keep him on one for a few more feeds as hes now more fussy . instead of doubles is it worth just slightly upping the size gradually?
Ailsa Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:27:50
That's fab the pinky has been eaten now
Invalid User Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:23:34
Thats great the pinky has gone :)
Laws Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:22:38
Just an update , the pink has gone :) I just thought it was abit odd in his records that he has gone from 2 pinks back down to 1 , then up to 2 , and now we had to drop it to 1 to be sure he doesn't regurge , trouble is he won't be putting on good weight till he goes on fluffs , but he's not big enough to eat them unless he put weight on lol ???
Spreebok Posted - 21/05/2011 : 12:20:12
Blimey, Lister is about 10 months and weights 90g >___> But he is long and thick set (30" and not fat mind you!) The breeder who I got him off (Is also my best friend lol) popped around the other day and was amazed at his growth, she reckons he's gonna be a biiiig corn :D
Ailsa Posted - 21/05/2011 : 11:49:56
My little hatchling, who I've had a month, is 4 months and weighs 19g, she feeds really well and luckily I've learned from here that there's so many things you can try to encourage eating - like braining, warming the pinkies, scenting them with the juice from tuna/salmon tinned in mineral water, so I know I can try these should she not feed in the future. Your set up sounds fine, mines is in a large flat faun 2 hides, water bowl, bark piece, plastic leafy vine, stones, loo roll tubes fixed to lid of the faun and my warm end temp is 28.5-29.5*C.

Being inexperienced I wouldn't be sure what to advise but there are loads and loads of experienced snake keepers on here and I am sure they will see your post.
Invalid User Posted - 21/05/2011 : 11:32:47
My new corn is nearly 1 year old and only 19g. Luckily he feeds great.

Hopefully this morning the pinky you left has gone. If not, your setup sounds fine so I'm not sure what to advise.

Hopefully someone else can offer some advice.
Mamma Posted - 21/05/2011 : 09:55:42
Romeo is coming up a year and only weighs 16g. I wouldnt worry about weight unless there is a significant weight loss. He will eat when he needs to. Perhaps it is a waiting game to see when he is gonna eat? Just keep an eye on his weight until he does.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000